3 reasons why I like the 6.5 CM

I was just poking fun at you. In all seriousness though a new clone might be cheaper in the long run.

FYI to every Creedmoor critic out there, I'm coming out! I am the proud owner of the smallest Creedmoor to date! And I had a frozen caramel latte from Sheetz yesterday!!!!

View attachment 441274
That's one of the CM I thought of getting. I'm having too much fun with my (Old technology) 260 AI right now though.

This is the only combination that is inherently better than all others in it class, and will kill any size North American game animal... The 6.5 Creedmoor with a Hammer bullet.

Pretty old design, but almost all two lug actions are just clones of the 700.
Most three lugs are remmy 700 component, compatible. I'm tooled up to work over 700s. Don't see any need to change, with that said, I'm also tooled up for 30-06. Lol
Speaking of rem 700's did you see the barrel twist on the new Rem Arms 7mm RM? Looks like 1-8" twist from the factory. 🤔

Speaking of rem 700's did you see the barrel twist on the new Rem Arms 7mm RM? Looks like 1-8" twist from the factory. 🤔
Yep! They've updated the twist across the board is what I'm hearing. The action is supposed to be sweet. I wonder if it's a barrel nut design.

Yep! They've updated the twist across the board is what I'm hearing. The action is supposed to be sweet. I wonder if it's a barrel nut design.
I didn't see it being a barrel nut design. Hopefully they update tooling and make the actions more consistent.

I didn't see it being a barrel nut design. Hopefully they update tooling and make the actions more consistent.
Probably no barrel nut, the 783 is a barrel nut and they seem to shoot. I'm figured they may took some stuff from the 783, pure speculation though.

Love my .260 Ackley
I briefly took mine out to 1770 yards this past weekend. 145gr Match Burners going 2760 fps. My fire forming loads jammed into the lands. I'm sure a 6.5 CM could get close to that load or faster. So I can appreciate a CM. We'll see what loads I can develop after FF.

I briefly took mine out to 1770 yards this past weekend. 145gr Match Burners going 2760 fps. My fire forming loads jammed into the lands. I'm sure a 6.5 CM could get close to that load or faster. So I can appreciate a CM. We'll see what loads I can develop after FF.
Yep! Running 2750 with the 145 mb and 4831sc compressed.

That's a poke!

It's strange, I never owned a 6.5 CM, but I had a 6mm CM and it was the most finicky rifle I ever loaded for! Combine that with me having the attention span of a third grader and it left quickly. Only thing I could figure is the barrel was very particular. Fast forward to the .22 CM and it settled into a few loads pretty quickly. The 6mm was a X-Caliber and everything else is Hawk Hill so maybe the HH settle in a bit quicker.

Yep! Running 2750 with the 145 mb and 4831sc compressed.
I'm running 45.5gr of Ramshot Hunter and Remington 9.5. Ton of space left in the standard 260 rem case. I wish I had some different primers to see if I can get more velocity. But the accuracy is good. Around .290" average.

I was a Creedmoor hater for the longest time, well because I am a man.
Folks comparing it to the 308 win. Of course the 140 current technology spanks the 1980s technology of the bullet they compared it to. Compare it to the best in class and it holds it own.

Fast forward after a 338 Sherman flop, I got a Creedmoor prefit off of here and slapped it on that action, dies from @gohring3006. Why did I wait this long...why shoot bigger?

I have various magnums that would probably get the nodd if heading out west to climb mountains and shoot far, but I am in woods of VA and just don't shoot far enough to matter. Slippery bullets go where you want them.

I am far from a Hornady supporter, but they use modern technology to do what works well.

That's a poke!

It's strange, I never owned a 6.5 CM, but I had a 6mm CM and it was the most finicky rifle I ever loaded for! Combine that with me having the attention span of a third grader and it left quickly. Only thing I could figure is the barrel was very particular. Fast forward to the .22 CM and it settled into a few loads pretty quickly. The 6mm was a X-Caliber and everything else is Hawk Hill so maybe the HH settle in a bit quicker.
I think a lot of this is more dependent on barrel than anything else. I'm sure the cartridge design does help. But much of that can be adjusted by load development and possibly action mods for COAL. But how many times do we see people talking about a fast or slow barrel. I had a 243 Win which some said was a finicky round to load for. It was a easy rifle for me to get accurate loads. An old Interarms Mauser with a pencil thin barrel. It had no business shooting so well lol.

Recent Posts