6.5 CM

My local shop is pushing the Tikka. They have a light weight hunting barrel, and a heavy weight range rifle. Never owned a Tikka before..

They are truly an unbelievable rifle. Probably the most accurate out of box rifle out there.
Only prob is accessories are pricey, but STILL, very nice.
My friend owns a tac1. Bug killer.

They are truly an unbelievable rifle. Probably the most accurate out of box rifle out there.
Only prob is accessories are pricey, but STILL, very nice.
My friend owns a tac1. Bug killer.

$700 for the Tikka T3x. Not too bad.
Otherwise it's the Browning Hells Canyon or the Weatherby.

8076D829-979B-430B-9245-4F35B621A183.jpeg
Savage LRH in a Choate Tactical.
I can tune several 130s and 140s to 1/2" groups or better.

I also had one of those savage LRH 6.5 creedmoor. I got it when the creedmoor first came out. It was a shooting sucker and I didn't do a thing to it. 3 inch groups with 140 bergers at 500 yards, why did I ever sell that one...

I don't think you can really go wrong with a tikka

Agreed.

Savages are generally underrated because they're cheap and not all that pretty. They're tools, and they do that well (accuracy).

But Tikkas also do accuracy really well, are prettier, have some really nice features (like the 70* bolt lift).

The custom guns are nice too, but it's hard for me (at my skill level) to justify the extra several hundred dollars when they perform so well.

Another vote for Tikka from me! I've owned a LOT of different actions, but Tikka's remain my favorite factory option (I even prefer them over some of the custom actions!).

If I were to pick up a hunting gun, I'd snatch me up a Tikka T3x Lite and get going! That's taking into consideration my budget of course. If I were made of money, my choices may change lol.

Note that the suggestion is for hunting purposes, the T3X Lite barrel is pretty thin, and probably isn't ideal for a "sit n' shoot range day" kind of gun. If you wanted something beefier, then maybe a CTR model would do ya.

I guess it's my favorite since it's the only one I have. First time in the field with a 6.5 creed last year and digging it so far. Remington 700, factory 24"bbl. 140 Amax at 2750

81B94B3A-B51D-4170-9A0E-0F53B226DC8F_zpsplby5fih.jpeg

9D1F5ED3-678B-433E-B614-0C25F8329FFD_zpsskowaqlx.jpeg

Also, for off the shelf ammo, I catch the Hornady Black 140 BTHP on sale pretty often for 19.99. Shoots as good as anything else I've ran in mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.