270 win 130-150gr

Yes my assumption is and drop within 300 yards is the reason many people that buy box ammo have turned to it.

The same issue happens with 150gr 3006 ammo, though to a less extent as the 130 270 is going faster

Many are brainwashed about velocity trumping all, as are many brainwashed about energy trumping all.
As are many brainwashed about bc trumping all.

BTW I was a little tongue in cheek about the 150's and 10" twist. Although he may have a barrel that is not quite 10" twist and actually having marginal stability issues. Button rifled barrels can be as much as 1/2" off either way.

I've loaded 110-180 (yes, 180) grainers in my 270. The velocity argument makes little sense. The difference between the 150 and 130 trajectory isn't much: if you couldn't make a clean hit with one you wouldn't be able to with the other.

Both traditional bullet weights 130 and 150 have their merits. But in basic soft points which is what this round started out with, the 130 in my opinion is a notably more emphatic killer of deer and smaller framed game. It typically hits them a little faster but that's not all there is to this. I honestly do believe the lower sectional density results in more violent performance when meeting game that doesn't offer up a ton of resistance. By that same token the lower velocity and higher sd of the 150, again talking the simple soft points that this cartridge started it's life with, is definitely more reliable a penetrator on elk sized critters.

I started off with 130gr cup and core bullets loaded to 3100 fps MV. But at the ranges I mostly take deer sized game of 100 yds or less, the impact velocities were too high.

2 options - a.) switch to the 150gr at 2800-2900 fps at full strength or b.) reduced load at 2900 fps with the 130s.

Both kill the same. But I'm a big burly man, and reduced recoil loads are for women and kids.

I started off with 130gr cup and core bullets loaded to 3100 fps MV. But at the ranges I mostly take deer sized game of 100 yds or less, the impact velocities were too high.

2 options - a.) switch to the 150gr at 2800-2900 fps at full strength or b.) reduced load at 2900 fps with the 130s.

Both kill the same. But I'm a big burly man, and reduced recoil loads are for women and kids.

I'm a kid at heart, kinda enjoy light loads…..especially in my 460 S&W. Though, cast bullets @ around 1600 from my AI are pretty tolerable also! memtb

I'm a kid at heart, kinda enjoy light loads…..especially in my 460 S&W. Though, cast bullets @ around 1600 from my AI are pretty tolerable also! memtb
Me too actually. 130gr Interlocks out of my BAR at 2900 fps shoot sub 1/2 MOA and make for a great deer and especially hog load. The reduced recoil allows me to stay on target as I mag dump on all the hogs that scatter after the first one goes down.

All I shoot is 140s and heavier out of my three 270s. One loves the 150 grain Partition another the 140 Accubonds. The 270 wsm gets the 170s with its 8 twist. The only time I shoot 130s or lighter is if Im shooting copper. I wish someone would make a 155 grainer that would shoot in a 10 twist. With reloder 26 the 270 win can open some 👀 eyes.

I'd like to test that theory...would be really interesting to see if that little 110 grain that's like an inch long and a sectional density of prob .20 would actually out penetrate a 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip or 150 grain Sierra GK. I'll load some up and give it a whirl. If the 110 sheds it's petals I think it will for sure. But I have a hunch there's going to be a distance, say 300 yds or so, where it's not going to happen. Be cool to test out!

I'd like to test that theory...would be really interesting to see if that little 110 grain that's like an inch long and a sectional density of prob .20 would actually out penetrate a 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip or 150 grain Sierra GK. I'll load some up and give it a whirl. If the 110 sheds it's petals I think it will for sure. But I have a hunch there's going to be a distance, say 300 yds or so, where it's not going to happen. Be cool to test out!
I bet the tsx outpenwtrates those particular 150 grainers…but I have serious doubts about it going deeper than a 150 a-frame!