270 win 130-150gr

Or partition or trophy bonded tipped. It might beat the old Speer Deep Curl but I got a bunch of em. So we'll see. Basically a Fusion.
I realize Vincemule said "cup and core". I'm not sure bonded bullets are regarded as such so perhaps I was unfair to compare them. But if they are, throw the woodleigh weldcor into that mix! 🤣

Yeah he chose wisely. But a noz partition is cup and core right?

Well…..not exactly!
It does have a cup and a core, but the partition midstream will maintain the lead in the bullet base thereby stopping the core from "slipping" the jacket! So, even if the front lead core is completely lost, and the forward jacket folds back along the bullet lower (I've seen this several times on close range high velocity hits), you still have a remaining 65% or so or the original bullet weight remaining! memtb

D896FB4B-7095-498E-9DF8-2CA16BDF13B0.gif

Dude I thought there was special pixie dust fused with electrochemical photosynthesis through a fusion reactor that uses tritium fuel for the Speer bullets. See, learn something every day. Anyways, this is why I don't shoot 130s. 🤣

I would not consider A frames, or partitions std cup and core bullets.

I have shot white tails from front to back with the 110g ttsx, same with one doe with a 85g TSX out of a 6 Rem at 3400 fps MV.

Nothing wrong with 130-150g Ballistic tips if your gun likes them. I have one dedicated 270, 700 that shoots nothing but the 140g Nosler ballistic tip with 58g of H4831 with a cci 250 in Win brass.

Many boo hoo the ligher faster bullets, traditions are hard to change.

I would not consider A frames, or partitions std cup and core bullets.

I have shot white tails from front to back with the 110g ttsx, same with one doe with a 85g TSX out of a 6 Rem at 3400 fps MV.

Nothing wrong with 130-150g Ballistic tips if your gun likes them. I have one dedicated 270, 700 that shoots nothing but the 140g Nosler ballistic tip with 58g of H4831 with a cci 250 in Win brass.

Many boo hoo the ligher faster bullets, traditions are hard to change.
Oh they sure are hard to change haha!

No offence to those older than me (which is almost everyone on here 😁) but I've had no shortage of "traditionally minded" hunters express concern or outright disapproval of

A) my plans to use a 75 grain hammer hunter at 4150 fps out of a .257 bee for whitetail. "Son, a bullet that light is for varmints".

B) my multiple VERY SUCCESSFUL usages of the 225 eld m out of a 300 Winnie for big game. "Son, that's a match bullet…match bullets are for targets only…"

But I just roll with it and do not try to convert anyone haha. They say Henry Ford said of the Model T that you could have it in any colour so long as it was black. This demographic of hunters that worry about me and don't understand why I'd deviate from tradition are the same about big game rifles and loads:

any load is a good hunting load so long as it's a .30-06 with 180 grain soft points 🤣

Calvin, a couple of guys here in the South are running 55,70, and 90g Ballistic tips on deer at some incredible speeds on deer. They claim that they never move on bullet impact in large 6mm cases, 6 Gibbs and 6 Rem AI.

Have you ever shot any of the 80g Barnes TTSX?

Feed the rifle what it likes. I have an old Remington model 721 in .270 Win. that has been shooting Hornady 150 grain interlocks since the eighties. Average speed is 2983. It shoots between .5 MOA to MOA out to 400 yards. I tried 150 grainers in my sons model 70 Winchester and it could not get a group under MOA. I admit that I did not try too hard, but loaded 130 grainers and it shot great. We have both shot antelope, whitetail and mule deer out to 400 yards and had no issues. If I think I will be shooting past 400 yards I take the .300 Win Mag or .338.

Feed the rifle what it likes. I have an old Remington model 721 in .270 Win. that has been shooting Hornady 150 grain interlocks since the eighties. Average speed is 2983. It shoots between .5 MOA to MOA out to 400 yards. I tried 150 grainers in my sons model 70 Winchester and it could not get a group under MOA. I admit that I did not try too hard, but loaded 130 grainers and it shot great. We have both shot antelope, whitetail and mule deer out to 400 yards and had no issues. If I think I will be shooting past 400 yards I take the .300 Win Mag or .338.
I have my father's Rem 732 in 270 Win that shoots 145 eldx darts. My grandkids use it for deer. I love my father's great grandkids still harvesting for the family table with his 270 he bought after the service in