2022 Best Range Finder for ELR?

COBigJohn

The most recent thread I could find was 2015.... and here we are 7 years later, so I ask the question.....

What is the best Range Finder for ELR shooting, out to 2,000 yards?

Here are a few that I found in my price range.

Leupold RX-2800 TBR
Vortex Optics Razor HD 4000
Nikon Laser 50
Sig Sauer Kilo 2200 BDX

Anyone have any experience with these or do you have a better suggestion. My max budget is $500-$600, but would like to be closer to $400 if possible.

For 2K yards? Not sure if you are going to get there for $500-600.
My Leica 1600b does good out to 1600ish.
My G7BR2 does good out there too.
But the new BR4 is good for WAY past 2k, but not even close to your budget.

Just realize, if the rangefinder states 2k max yardage, that is on a reflective surface. Not rocks/trees/game.
And most do not perform at the yardages they claim.

Same as above with my Leica 1600, no complaints. I've used the Razor HD 4000 for two years now. It has worked well in fair weather with @ 1800 yds the farthest I've tried. However, twice now I've had it not be able to give an accurate reading at any distance in light snow flurries. Light enough that my buddy's $30 Bushnell was still working just fine.....

There's an independent researcher and PRS shooter who is producing masses of scientific, but highly usable data — about rifles, scopes, ammo, and you guessed it — rangefinders. 😊

It's the Precision Rifle Blog, here:
https://precisionrifleblog.com/

The newer rangefinder articles can be found here:
▪ Pocket Rangefinder Field Test Showdown (2019)
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/04/28/pocket-rangefinder-field-test/

▪ Best Rangefinder — What the Pro's Use (2019)

Mattthias

if you are going to set a target , walk away , then shoot . take a look at " measure map " app . you could set your target , and place a pin on the app . then you can use the app to see how far away you are . we are going to try this . we have a range to 2000 yards , then we can back up from there .
I use the sig 2400 abs rangefinder . there are times it won't range 2000 yards , beyond that it really gets sketchy . that app should work all the time.
one guy I shoot with has a vortex 4000 , or 5000 ? it will not range 2000 all the time . we were shooting from 2375 . his vortex would not range the target , but it would a tree line at something like 3500 yards . it's hard to get a rangefinder to reach it's advertised rating . they must be rated under perfect conditions , on perfect targets .

We compared this vs my Leica 3500.
Very nice rangefinder for the money. Everything we ranged with my Leica was 3 yards more than the Maven. We were able to range about 3100 yards with the Maven if I remember correctly. And it would repeat on the same target. A little heavy but definitely worth a spin.

@171farm

The most recent thread I could find was 2015.... and here we are 7 years later, so I ask the question.....

Leupold RX-2800 TBR
Nikon Laser 50
Sig Sauer Kilo 2200 BDX

Anyone have any experience with these or do you have a better suggestion. My max budget is $500-$600, but would like to be closer to $400 if possible.
Hands down on the Sig Kilo BDX ! I really like mine ! Pairs with I phone app, and have 4 rifles all ready to go out to most any range I need whether hunting or just shootin steel!

Leupold RX-2800 TBR
Nikon Laser 50
Sig Sauer Kilo 2200 BDX

BigJohn
Wish you the best in finding one that is really good at that price range. If you do we will split it with you.
We spent $3k+ for a Leica Geovid Binocular/RF that hits a mile a few years ago. (great glass by the way) Seems like every year Range Finders measure farther and less expensive.
Yep ELR needs 2K+
Good Post and hope we all get some information on a accurate RF for a good price.
I have seen Posts on several Forums where a shooter is looking for the 3to 4K range.
Thanks much
Len & Jill

Have some friends that purchase everything new that comes out.
As Pony Doctor and gpo 1956 mentioned the "SIG" RF work GREAT.

We may need to get one of the SIG's and the price is not that expensive compared to Leica Binoculars/RF ($3,500)
The Kilo5000 is about $6-700.