X-caliber carbon fiber barrel

They also say if you want threaded muzzle on carbon barrel it needs to be done by them and shouldn't be done after. I don't really understand the reason for this if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. Either way I got a prefit for a savage action from them in a regular ss barrel and a carbon for an upcoming build. The prefit seems like accuracy will be outstanding. Just got it past break in but best shooter I've got already. If the carbon will do as well I will be beyond happy. Good luck!

They also say if you want threaded muzzle on carbon barrel it needs to be done by them and shouldn't be done after. I don't really understand the reason for this if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. Either way I got a prefit for a savage action from them in a regular ss barrel and a carbon for an upcoming build. The prefit seems like accuracy will be outstanding. Just got it past break in but best shooter I've got already. If the carbon will do as well I will be beyond happy. Good luck!
For a threaded muzzle they need to provide the extra ~1" of steel, otherwise with a regular crown finish there would be nothing (but carbon wrap) to thread.

You mght be ok. Per the website "All carbon-fiber contoured blank lengths are how they leave the shop as their intended *FINISHED LENGTH*"
Yes I did read that in bold print. When I called, they told me they specifically state on their website the 1/2-1" needs to be cut off the barrel so order your barrel longer than finish length. I couldn't find that on their site. What their website says is, the barrel is ready to chamber with no cutting necessary. The opposite of what they told me. Not real happy at this point with the conflicting info. Barrel was suppose to arrive yesterday but must have had a delay. I'm sure it'll be here by Friday regardless and I'll see what it looks like. My buddy ordered a 23" from them and his was exactly 23" long when it arrived.

So I'm kinda disappointed (maybe). Barrel shows up exactly 26" long. Bartlein recommends 1/2-1" cut off the breech end. Does X Caliber not recommend this ? If it is required, my new finished length is 25" which is NOT what I wanted in a 300 PRC barrel. If I just mill the breech end to true it up for the action, I'll be ok.
I called and talked to them about that very issue and they told me to get 26" finished length I needed to order 28" blank length, mine is not carbon fiber but he did say it was true for SS and CF. I just got it and am taking it today for chamber and muzzle finish.

I called and talked to them about that very issue and they told me to get 26" finished length I needed to order 28" blank length, mine is not carbon fiber but he did say it was true for SS and CF. I just got it and am taking it today for chamber and muzzle finish.
Ya it's pretty sad they don't let you know that on the website before purchasing.

Well the .25 Creed lives.

I was not super ecstatic when I got the blank from XCal as it had a number of "imperfections" in the carbon wrap… there were some pretty noticeable wrinkles where you could see they attempted to overlay the wrap. Didn't look the best, but I wasn't super concerned about aesthetics since it was going underneath the handguard anyway.

I also spoke with their CS and they assured that there would be no performance deterioration, delamination, etc. because of inconsistencies in the wrap, so we said screw it and went ahead with the build.

Chambering went very smoothly. I ordered a 24" blank and the finish length is 24". We generally face the breech end 50 thou, but otherwise we didn't cut anything off. She was pretty straight in the lathe, bore looked solid if unspectacular, but we went ahead and hand lapped it anyway.

Weighs in right at 13lbs as pictured, though that will creep up closer to 16lbs once Arca rail, bipod, and TBAC suppressor are added.

All in all, extremely happy with how it's turning out so far. Will update with some groups once I get some rounds through it.

C78ABB89-E5CD-4420-8EF6-00AC3AA66A5A.jpeg

Got my 308/9T CFW barrel from them recently. Turned out perfectly. Better than my last Bartlein. Only issue I had was it arrived at 26" exactly. The website says it comes as the finished length. When I called them about the length, they said I should have ordered it 2" longer than the finished length. Pretty opposite of what their website says. Not real happy about that. Blank looks good tho

Any updates on these CF barrels from Xcaliber?
How have they held up?
Accuracy still good?
How's POI with sustained rates of fire in the 5-10 round range?
I'm getting ready pull the trigger on one after reading through this thread and several others, along with recommendations from the Smith I'll be using on this new build.

Any updates on these CF barrels from Xcaliber?
How have they held up?
Accuracy still good?
How's POI with sustained rates of fire in the 5-10 round range?
I'm getting ready pull the trigger on one after reading through this thread and several others, along with recommendations from the Smith I'll be using on this new build.

Just started working with one in .22-250, so far I'm getting 1/2 MOA groups and 3550 fps out of an 18" barrel using 53gr V-Max with 50 or so rounds down the tube.

Also I should mention the barrel is around 36 oz as a savage prefit with the lighter weight contour.

Last edited:
My 300 RUM X-Caliber CF barrel spun up by Anthony at Crown Ridge Barrel Works shoots bug holes.

Only shot 70rds through it so far but I'm VERY happy with the way it preforms.