X-caliber carbon fiber barrel

My son's 7-08 is pushing 800 rounds and still shooting great. I did have to get it throated so I could load the 168's to mag length. I just finished my 280 AI remage with the carbon barrell and the break in load with 140's is sub 3/4 MOA all day long with many in the .3's. It is short throated also. I am going to have to throat it after the season is over so I can load the hammers and 168's and 175's to mag length. Other than the short throats they are outstanding barrels so far.

im excited to get working on my project...any suggestions for gunsmith eastern wyoming(ish) with carbon barrel experience?

want to share name and number?
bit of a hike for me but i want it done right!
Call Manzella Precision in Roundup it'll be done Right, and relatively quickly! He worked at AI, then at TS Customs, then went out on his own. A certain smith in Gillette WY cut me a barrel and the base of the 25cm was 003 oversized VS my jgs reamer. Ruined a 700$ barrel, can't set back a carbon, so to the trash it went, live and learn, don't trust amateur self taught shade tree gunsmiths. Omega wont touch another barrel of mine.

Call Manzella Precision in Roundup it'll be done Right, and relatively quickly! He worked at AI, then at TS Customs, then went out on his own. A certain smith in Gillette WY cut me a barrel and the base of the 25cm was 003 oversized VS my jgs reamer. Ruined a 700$ barrel, can't set back a carbon, so to the trash it went, live and learn, don't trust amateur self taught shade tree gunsmiths. Omega wont touch another barrel of mine.
Why can't you set back a carbon barrel? If there's enough tenon length it can be set back.

Why can't you set back a carbon barrel? If there's enough tenon length it can be set back.
Not enough tenon, the contour starts to taper right after the steel/carbon transition. I'd had maybe 1/2" of steel cylinder surface to grip with my barrel vise. I don't want to torque down grabbing all carbon. Just a personal choice I guess.

Not enough tenon, the contour starts to taper right after the steel/carbon transition. I'd had maybe 1/2" of steel cylinder surface to grip with my barrel vise. I don't want to torque down grabbing all carbon. Just a personal choice I guess.
OK so it was already a short tenon. That makes sense and I don't blame you.

Donor is here, great wood stock and a perfectly serviceable Gustaf action going to be an interesting meld of old and new. New barrel going to need some taper to be set into this stock