X Bolt Max Long Range Hunter

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on an x-bolt long range mcmillan. Do you guys think the mcmillan stock, cerakote, and 11 oz is worth $700?
The McMillian it self is close to that, cerakote is around 150-200 so yes to me. I have that McMillian on my custom mod 70 300 wsm and love it.

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on an x-bolt long range mcmillan. Do you guys think the mcmillan stock, cerakote, and 11 oz is worth $700?
Depends on the type of hunting you plan on doing. 11oz can feel like a lot if you humping it up and down steep hills at elevation.

I talked to a browning dealer today to try and find out some information on the new X-bolt Max Long Range. He is not sure when they will be made available to dealers as Browning tends to drag their feet. I'm looking at getting one in the .300 Win Mag with 1:8 twist which he quoted me a price of $1049. I'm used to having a 1:10 twist barrel so that being said, which bullet weights do ya'll think will perform well with this setup? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I plan on using for some target shooting as well as hunting whitetail to (hopefully one day) elk size game. I'd appreciate advice on minimum and maximum (though I doubt a max is produced at this time lol) bullet weight for the 1:8 twist. Thanks in advance guys.

I have shot 210 Bergers out of that set up well. Factory Berger 300 Win with 215 OTM measure 3.6 and fit well. Thinking about reloading with 215s but seriously thinking about going with Hammer 199 gr. I would like to use Hammer 214gr but not sure they will be a good fit due to length and powder compaction.

I have shot 210 Bergers out of that set up well. Factory Berger 300 Win with 215 OTM measure 3.6 and fit well. Thinking about reloading with 215s but seriously thinking about going with Hammer 199 gr. I would like to use Hammer 214gr but not sure they will be a good fit due to length and powder compaction.
Thanks for the information werth338.

I talked to a browning dealer today to try and find out some information on the new X-bolt Max Long Range. He is not sure when they will be made available to dealers as Browning tends to drag their feet. I'm looking at getting one in the .300 Win Mag with 1:8 twist which he quoted me a price of $1049. I'm used to having a 1:10 twist barrel so that being said, which bullet weights do ya'll think will perform well with this setup? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I plan on using for some target shooting as well as hunting whitetail to (hopefully one day) elk size game. I'd appreciate advice on minimum and maximum (though I doubt a max is produced at this time lol) bullet weight for the 1:8 twist. Thanks in advance guys.
Best performance will be with the 200gr and up bullets.

Thanks WildRose for the information. I talked to a Browning tech today. I wanted to know, on the X-bolt Max long range hunter, if they increased the bullet length capacity on the .300 Win.Mag magazine to accept longer handloads especially with the 1:8 twist barrel. He could only say it was built to SAAMI specs so, no, the basic .300 magazine. I was able to swap out on my .300 A-bolt to a .375H&H magazine and load my longer handloads. My 175gr. Berger bullets have an OAL of 3.875 and a .300 magazine is only 3.496. Does anyone know if X-bolt magazines are interchangeable or not. Browning couldn't answer that one.

I have ran 3.600" COAL for a 300 Winchester in Hells Canyon McMillian Long Range that was produced last year. I thought all the x-bolts mags for long range were the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.