What's in your user name?

In my line of work (past now) I had two things I drew upon....one a very old pin-up poster ( probably 45 years ago)....2 Buzzards sitting on a lone tree branch in the Dessert..one looking at the other saying "PATIENCE MY ARSE...IM GOING TO GO KILL SOMETHING!".....another quote I used often ...." I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE YOU ACCEPT JESUS...BUT I'M ABOUT TO ARRANGE THE MEETING!" Have a terrific day all.
My dad wore that T Shirt for over thirty years. In the end there was nothing but a shadow of the original iron on left and the stitching just completely gave out. 😂

Later in life, in my mid 20's, I became a believer and follower of Jesus

This by no means is criticism.
I'm saying it to possibly add another arrow to your quiver for the constant battle with the devil. Let me add, I am not above you in any way! I love your story. Give this analogy some thought.

Hold a rock in your hand. If you drop it, do you "believe" it will it fall to the floor?

Or do you "know" it will fall to the floor?

If we say we believe something, to me "believe" leaves a possibility for a different outcome. If we say we "know" something, we are implying that we have knowledge that this information is absolute fact.

Our everlasting soul is the most valuable thing every person has.
I know, that without Jesus, I would surely fall just as the stone falls when released from the hand.
I know, that without Him, there would be no hope.
I know, that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for me, and you. I'm so glad that I gained that knowledge, and excepted Him as my savior. My hope is, that every person would come to KNOW, what bad31 and I KNOW.
31, even though I don't know you personally, I love you brother, keep up the great work!

@Deputy819 - Welp, you asked for my story, now you'll have to suffer through it.

Some of my work gear
View attachment 340467

Like many of us here, I live in a world of "call signs." Rarely do we get to choose a callsign, most often it chooses you.

I'll state up-front that I don't believe in numerology, or any of the weirdness that can be associated with assigning mystical powers to a number. Having said that, the number 31 has had an incredible significance in my life since I was a teenager. There have been an almost eerie number of things in my life that relate back to 31, too many to get into here.

I can summarize by saying that since around 1986, the number 31 has generally represented the pursuit of excellence and perfection. That is not in any way to say that I see myself there, but simply somewhere along the path of pursuing the ideals of excellence and perfection.

Later in life, in my mid 20's, I became a believer and follower of Jesus - and my decade long affinity for the number 31 took on an entirely new meaning regarding the 3-in-1 (God-head) aspect of my belief.

Those around me at work and in my personal life started to refer to me as "thirty one" and at some point around 2004 I overheard a colleague saying something about "that bad thirty one."

Initially after hearing this, I walked a little taller (and probably puffed out my chest too much), thinking "that's right, I'm one bad thirty one!" Some real "Leroy Brown" going on there... 😆

As time wore on, I was humbled by the realization that I probably wasn't being complimented when being referred to as "bad thirty one."

I am probably nowhere near my best on most days, and I realized that I needed to hold myself in a lot lower esteem and focus on that original pursuit of excellence and service to others. A significant note to add here is that for the reason of trying to keep my ego and attitude in check and in the spirit of at least trying to put myself "second," my "handle" here - and elsewhere - of badthirtyone is not capitalized. It may be a small or insignificant thing to most (who would notice?), but it matters to me.

While 31 is not my "official" work call sign, "thirty one" has stuck with me for almost all of my adult life. Simply put, the "bad" portion of it is that I am probably nowhere near my end goal - but I am always looking to improve!

It sure makes me easy to find on the range, the Motocross track, or wherever...
View attachment 340493

Magpul went out of their way to assist my boys several years back by unexpectedly fully outfitting their AR's and this was a "thank you" poster that we had made for them. The last time I spoke with them, they let me know that the framed copy of this was hanging in their corporate office.
View attachment 340494

Me and one of my sons on a recent outing at the 550 yard range
View attachment 340495

Most of my gear ends up getting the moniker added in some way. This is a full custom that I was able to pick up yesterday. I just created a new thread on this rifle that was posted last night - https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/tikka-full-custom-black-canyon-customs.294281/#post-2440079
View attachment 340496

This. This is the reason I can never give up my pursuit of being the best that I can be.
View attachment 340497

badthirtyone

Fantastic story bad31 dude !

I also have had an experience in my 20's that absolutely convinced me that Jesus is the only way !

Sometimes my "street clothes and behaviour" may not portray a follower of Christ.... but I plead ..... Matthew 10:16

The problem is, every few years I find a new one in the safe.... . They must mate in the dark or something.😂🤣😂

This makes me think of Pat McManus' short story where he said you should have an expandable gun case and always leave two spots open so the wife doesn't notice the new progeny in the safe.

Created mine in 99 when Ebay first launched & there was an item I couldn't live without so I created a profile name that first came to mind so I could place a bid & I've continued to use the name since then. Honestly I think I'm more of an "elk harvesting dissector" & can't claim to have surgical abilities to improve life or restore an animal to normal operation….My avatar picture is a bull elk poached in SW Montana & left to rot. I chose to profile that bull pic cause he never had his chance at a Trophy Picture

Could be a fun read! How did you choose your user name? What is all about! Mine came from one my horses I bred. With Horse breeding you incorporate parent bloodlines with a twist for the offspring..Doc O Skipglo is a Doc O Lena x with Skipper W ( foundation bloodlines).....Yours?
Yup! I totally understand the name game and being able too register them. My dad and his dad and others before him have been in the horse breeding business for almost 100 years. As far as my name it's because I build lots of ARs, but now I have started building bolt guns.

Could be a fun read! How did you choose your user name? What is all about! Mine came from one my horses I bred. With Horse breeding you incorporate parent bloodlines with a twist for the offspring..Doc O Skipglo is a Doc O Lena x with Skipper W ( foundation bloodlines).....Yours?
I know those lines really well. Surprised I didn't pick up on it.