OT-- your favorite dog name

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
Im soon going to have a new addition to the family--a male pug--I have my rotty and she'll have the pug

What is your favorite name for a dog--i pitched jaeger and colt but they did not fly--any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

NIIIICCE!! I tried kimber too--but its a little girly--should have named my female rotty kimber.

i like the S&W combo.

keep em comin...

JB

I have a large yellow lab named "K-Bar", and I once had a Griffon called "Roscoe", he had more bone than brain in his head. One of my friends has my labs brother and he calls him "Remington".
Other suggestions: "Ackley", "Boat Tail(good for a lab)","A MAX",or "Magnum"
Dave in Idaho

A real good name for a "Pug" if I owned one would be----"UGLY"

Here ugly, here ugly.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Later
DC
smile.gif

We have a pair of wifee-type cockapoos named Winchester and Remington and they hate firearms... Son has a wonderful female golden Lab named T.C.

Male Greater Swiss Mountain Dog 150 lbs - "Doc"
short for Doc Holliday ( I'm your huckleberry )

Female Greater Swiss Mountian Dog 100 lbs "Katey"
short for "Big Nose Kate" Doc Hollidays girlfriend/"woman of the evening"

Chocolate Lab old 14 yrs "sage"

Had a great Blakc lab named "Dakota"

Had an awesome Yellow Lab "Max" short for Maxamillion...

Brother in law has a 160lb Rottie "Issac"

other Brother in Law has 110 lb Rottie "Oso" which is spanish for Bear

NOT Bear, three friends now have "Bear" dogs. I've had a Plott named "Lucy", Labs, "Birch", "Ebony", "Jed". Buddy has "Ruger" the Rott. My last Lab came at 1 yr. with "Rillian" (name from a kid's book?). Buddy inherited a min-Dobey female that we all re-named "Pinyatta", the "Northern Chihuahua", ugly hairless thing.
Had two magpies, "Heckle and Jeckyl", crow named "Charlie Crow".
How about "J.D" if you like Jack Daniels?
Pet names are fun and subject to change.

Dog....for Christmas
try: Jingle Bell, Snowflake,
or name him after the raindeer: Rudolph, Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Blitzen...
cool.gif

[ 12-25-2003: Message edited by: scooterbear ]

This might not be the right name for a Pug.
I had a great Grouse& woodcock tricolor setter a few years back. I named him "Hammer" after Mike Hammer in the tv series who was fond of the lady's.
For those who feel they have a strong & powerful dog in will or stature try Storm, Thunder,Major etc.
Good luck

Sometimes it's best to let the dog name itself.

My female Bulldog had one of those lame *** show names that sounded like a tightly wound 40 year old virgin. She was stuck with said monicker for several days. About then, I discovered the young beast had excellent acceleration but very poor brakes. She used the fence, living room furniture, and immobile humans as devices with which to arrest forward motion.

She was respectfully christened, 'Tonka'.