What's in your user name?

In 1994, one of fellow graduate students at South Dakota State gave me the moniker "DNADave". Fast forward seven years and I was teaching a course in the Biostatistics Department at the University of Washington. The IT guy in the department asked for a list of nicknames that could be used for my email address and DNADave was one of 11 I submitted. He chose that one. Since then, I've used that nickname as my username whenever and wherever I could.

As to why DNADave? I am a statistical geneticist doing research in both animal and human genetics and genomics.

In 1994, one of fellow graduate students at South Dakota State gave me the moniker "DNADave". Fast forward seven years and I was teaching a course in the Biostatistics Department at the University of Washington. The IT guy in the department asked for a list of nicknames that could be used for my email address and DNADave was one of 11 I submitted. He chose that one. Since then, I've used that nickname as my username whenever and wherever I could.

As to why DNADave? I am a statistical geneticist doing research in both animal and human genetics and genomics.
Truly impressive!