What's your rig weigh

Tikkamike

What does your hunting rifle as you carry it weigh? I'm debating spending almost $700 to save 14 oz on my 375 rum. It's got a laminated stock and a fluted #5 28" benchmark. The rifle weighs 11 lbs 4oz as is.

For a carry rifle 9lbs seems to have been about where I've always topped out.

For drives, and such that require quick handling 8 is better.

Like your .375 my .338 RUM weights a little over 11 pounds, that's my lightweight LR rifle. The other two weigh a few oz over 16 and 25.
If as stated previously you didn't notice the almost 1 pound carry difference, I'm curious as to the upscale difference in recoil with that .375.

6.5SAUM Remington M700 SA 26 inch barrel, McMillan Egde Stock, Leupold 4.5-14x40.
Mag Loaded and with sling 6 3/4lb or 7.5 with suppressor :) Bugger carrying more than an 8lb round the place.

What does your hunting rifle as you carry it weigh? I'm debating spending almost $700 to save 14 oz on my 375 rum.

If it's a shooter, I'd do it. 10 - 10.5 lbs is where I leave the rifle at the house, if the hunt involves a lot of carry.

Most of mine seem to weigh around that 14 lb. mark. The older I get the more I have to start thinking about carrying something lighter.

My 338 RUM with optics weighs 9lbs 6oz. I'm considering upgrading to the new Razor AMG and that would bring the weight up to just shy of 10lbs.

.260 AI, B&C Medalist stock, Harris bipod, Wyatts 5 round dbm, triad tactical stock pack with kestrel and spare 5 round mag, 30" Krieger medium palma, vortex 6.5-20.

13 lbs 7 oz, little much for a timber rifle ha ha but awesome for shooting prone all day...

My Cooper 520 in 6.5x284, fully laden weighs 10.5 pounds and balances well. For my physical build and style of hunting which is a combination of both carry and stationary settings, this is about as heavy as I want a long range hunting rig that doesn't handle like a crowbar. I still have sufficient weight to make a confident long range shot on game should the right opportunity present itself. Im 5'10', 180 pounds, and average build..........but not so young anymore.

my main carry gun is a remmy long action with a hart mtu contour barrel at 22" with a schuler 3 port brake,egw base,vortex pst 6-24,cdi bottom metal,mcmillan a4,harris and leather sling.weighs exactly 14.2 lbs,and carries fantastic.my steel plate guns on the other hand are around 17-19lbs.i would'nt know what to do with an 11 lb gun.id be afraid i wd break it lol.

Most all of my packing rifles range from 9 3/4lbs to 11lbs. I have several rifles up to 16lbs but they don't get carried in the hills. For me I like to stay sub 10.5lbs if I'm doing serious hiking. That is a Remington LA, #5 contour barrel 26" long plus brake, and a McMillan Game Scout or Manner EH1 (or similar weight stock) with a Leupold weight scope in Talley light weight mounts. That usually weighs 10-10.25lbs.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.