What's in your user name?

Don't see ANY Xs or 10s thar' ... y'all better change your name to '0s&Misses', LOL
But then he might use an Avatar that Len would ban for being indecent.

Nothing like a beautiful sunrise while sitting on the top of a mountain. I find it more spiritual than sitting in church.
Amen. Spent years as an altar boy and sitting in church. Never felt touched by God like when I'm deep in the wilderness.

20211120_163150.jpg

Great thread.
Mine is a bit long. Make some popcorn.
I was in the Army in the 80's when the movie 'Dogs of War' came out. I was deployed to a couple of stink holes around the globe and got the moniker WARDOG. I attended the French Commando school in France and stashed away some training smoke grenades (flashbangs). I attended PLDC training shortly after and it was my turn to command a squad and assault 3 machine gun bunkers while wearing MILES gear. My squad was getting wiped out, so I let the spoons fly on my unauthorized pyrotechnics and threw them into the bunkers of two of the MG bunkers. When they exploded I ran past them and shot the MG crews' MILES gear. I never even got hit. Cadre called a cease fire while the MG gunners were dazed and coughing crawling out of their bunkers. It was then that I noticed my CO was observing all of this with 1SG, and the battalion SGM. I got yanked off the line and ended up in the CO's office getting chewed out and interrogated on where I acquired the flashbangs. I thought I was going to get an ART15 (punishment). 1SG snickered and told me to get out of his office and not to use pyrotechnics that I liberated from other countries armies for the remainder of training. I have been WARDOG ever since.

Swamplord ?

It was initially a deragatory term used on me in various nuances, usually prefixed by F'n .... by those who detested hearing about my 100% successful solo hunting excursions in the many thousands of (muskeg) swamp acres I call home in South Central Alaska, Units 7, 13, 14, 15 & 16 ..... Mostly due to the fact that I was & still am.... highly secretive of my honey holes, spots etc ... along with never taking on "a hunting buddy" in almost 40 years of hunting in Alaska, other than immediate family members ... wife, son, daughter, father, brothers and that was it ... ha !

In the year 2000 a Finnish metal band "Kalmah" .. that consists of a group of friends who are hunters, released their debut album "Swamplord" effectively creating an all new Heavy Metal genre coined "Melodic Death Metal" ....
I was blown away by the compositions that defied all the rules of mixing guitar melodies and headbanging rhythm chord progressions with the harsh "death" vocalizations ... being a musician with an ear, I was absolutely hooked and to this day it remains the greatest recording in music history ... to me at least .... and of course millions of fans worldwide who possess the musical ear to appreciate this guitar loaded "noise"

I then chose to accept "Swamplord" and began using it in the hunting/outdoor forums etc ... 21 years later I'm still doing the same thing ... hunting & rockin !

What most here don't know is my alter ego "Pro Metheus" ... which I use in the music circles .... and that some of my wildcat cartridge names ... are after the metal bands I'd started and been a part of back in days past ... Skuldryl, Headhunter, Mercenary, Blitzkrieg and several others ...

Like my wildcat cartridges ..... With my music, I was intent on power & speed .... lmao !

Take note that this was recorded 13-14 years ago with an mp3 player, while practicing some tunes I composed in my head & no other instruments , ala unedited garage noise !
All my neighbors next door moved, every one of the last 1/2 dozen or so and new ones are now listening to Master of Puppets and Angel of Death live ! from my garage, and the muzzle blasts from pistol powder fire forming my wildcat cases, lol ! fun times ....

gunpowder, guns & guitars ....

METAL !!!!! Rock On, Brother! 😈🤘