What's in your user name?

Swamplord ?

It was initially a deragatory term used on me in various nuances, usually prefixed by F'n .... by those who detested hearing about my 100% successful solo hunting excursions in the many thousands of (muskeg) swamp acres I call home in South Central Alaska, Units 7, 13, 14, 15 & 16 ..... Mostly due to the fact that I was & still am.... highly secretive of my honey holes, spots etc ... along with never taking on "a hunting buddy" in almost 40 years of hunting in Alaska, other than immediate family members ... wife, son, daughter, father, brothers and that was it ... ha !

In the year 2000 a Finnish metal band "Kalmah" .. that consists of a group of friends who are hunters, released their debut album "Swamplord" effectively creating an all new Heavy Metal genre coined "Melodic Death Metal" ....
I was blown away by the compositions that defied all the rules of mixing guitar melodies and headbanging rhythm chord progressions with the harsh "death" vocalizations ... being a musician with an ear, I was absolutely hooked and to this day it remains the greatest recording in music history ... to me at least .... and of course millions of fans worldwide who possess the musical ear to appreciate this guitar loaded "noise"

I then chose to accept "Swamplord" and began using it in the hunting/outdoor forums etc ... 21 years later I'm still doing the same thing ... hunting & rockin !

What most here don't know is my alter ego "Pro Metheus" ... which I use in the music circles .... and that some of my wildcat cartridge names ... are after the metal bands I'd started and been a part of back in days past ... Skuldryl, Headhunter, Mercenary, Blitzkrieg and several others ...

Like my wildcat cartridges ..... With my music, I was intent on power & speed .... lmao !

Take note that this was recorded 13-14 years ago with an mp3 player, while practicing some tunes I composed in my head & no other instruments , ala unedited garage noise !
All my neighbors next door moved, every one of the last 1/2 dozen or so and new ones are now listening to Master of Puppets and Angel of Death live ! from my garage, and the muzzle blasts from pistol powder fire forming my wildcat cases, lol ! fun times ....

gunpowder, guns & guitars ....

If not for Football and The Army odds are I'd have gone to prison before I was 21. I liked to fight and was very good at it but never a bully, and the more I got hurt the meaner I got.

I've spent a good portion of my adult life trying to steer other young men in those two directions to avoid the third.
Good on you. My 7th grade Spanish teacher was also a boxing coach, and did me a similar solid by redirecting my misplaced aggression.

Swamplord ?

It was initially a deragatory term used on me in various nuances, usually prefixed by F'n .... by those who detested hearing about my 100% successful solo hunting excursions in the many thousands of (muskeg) swamp acres I call home in South Central Alaska, Units 7, 13, 14, 15 & 16 ..... Mostly due to the fact that I was & still am.... highly secretive of my honey holes, spots etc ... along with never taking on "a hunting buddy" in almost 40 years of hunting in Alaska, other than immediate family members ... wife, son, daughter, father, brothers and that was it ... ha !

In the year 2000 a Finnish metal band "Kalmah" .. that consists of a group of friends who are hunters, released their debut album "Swamplord" effectively creating an all new Heavy Metal genre coined "Melodic Death Metal" ....
I was blown away by the compositions that defied all the rules of mixing guitar melodies and headbanging rhythm chord progressions with the harsh "death" vocalizations ... being a musician with an ear, I was absolutely hooked and to this day it remains the greatest recording in music history ... to me at least .... and of course millions of fans worldwide who possess the musical ear to appreciate this guitar loaded "noise"

I then chose to accept "Swamplord" and began using it in the hunting/outdoor forums etc ... 21 years later I'm still doing the same thing ... hunting & rockin !

What most here don't know is my alter ego "Pro Metheus" ... which I use in the music circles .... and that some of my wildcat cartridge names ... are after the metal bands I'd started and been a part of back in days past ... Skuldryl, Headhunter, Mercenary, Blitzkrieg and several others ...

Like my wildcat cartridges ..... With my music, I was intent on power & speed .... lmao !

Take note that this was recorded 13-14 years ago with an mp3 player, while practicing some tunes I composed in my head & no other instruments , ala unedited garage noise !
All my neighbors next door moved, every one of the last 1/2 dozen or so and new ones are now listening to Master of Puppets and Angel of Death live ! from my garage, and the muzzle blasts from pistol powder fire forming my wildcat cases, lol ! fun times ....

gunpowder, guns & guitars ....

https://www.bandmix.com/pro-metheus [/

This is fun! My favorite hunting rifle a custom shop Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness rifle in 7mm RUM. Ask me how many long range animals I have taken with it and I will tell you most of them. Slayer is a heavy metal band that I have always enjoyed and modeled a bunch of my own metal music after. I also enjoy large powerful bone crushing rifle calibers just like the music I play and enjoy. ( I did play in a blues band for over 10 years). Horns up Swamplord! Jason