What Is The Back Story To Your Screen Name?

I grew up hunting Coues deer in AZ, and was instantly hooked. By far my favorite animal to hunt. And i love to shoot far. There you have it.

A man of God once said:

"The eagle, the word means, "one feeding with the beak." Which is a very beautiful type of God. God feeds His children by His mouth, His Word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." So He is the Eagle that feeds His little eaglets with His Word. I believe in the Word."

Hence the name Eaglet that I use! :) ;)

Eaglet, I've been waiting to hear the back story of your screen name; you did not disappoint - there is much depth in your choice. Thank you for sharing.

As for me, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't come off cocky when I signed up. As I continued to read here at LRH and apply what I learned I realized how appropriate my screen name really was. I also quickly found out how civil, helpful and knowledgeable the people are on this site-- Don

Last edited:
Rupe (sounds like Loop with a R) It is part of my last name. I have been called Rupe sence I was was in Jr. High school. I'm also known as Rupedog again part of my last name and I worked with a guy that started calling me rupe doggy dog because of snop doggy dog, then it got shortened to Rupedog. So there you go not much of a story.
Eaglet that is really cool.

For a long time, I used to bring my targets to work because I would be out shooting in the morning before work and I would finish writing notes on them during lunch. Well, this guy I worked with would tease me that I had shot some "good groups" but that they could be "better groups". After awhile, he just started calling me goodgrouper and I thought it was a good name because no matter how good my groups were, I was always striving to make them better but they always had a way of ending up just good instead.

Festus was my favorite character on the "Gunsmoke" series. Like he, I'm a bit rough around the edges and neither of us let sophistication tarnish our personality.

Rick

I used to own an excavation company, and in the early days there was only five of us. So most evenings when I came home I was usually covered with mud and dirt. My wife would take one look at me and say "O K Dirtball you aint comming in this house like that, take those clothes of in the yard BEFORE you come in". So I would take them off and hose them off with the garden hose before they could be put in the washing machine.
My son was the same way when he was a kid, you could dress him up and tie him in a chair, and by the time we were ready to go to church he was filthy.
Unlike his old man he grew out of it.
Dave

Everyone one in our hunting party is nickname after a charater in a western movie I am Preacher from the movie Pale Rider by Clint Eastwood. And yes, I am from Idaho. IP

My wife once told me that I was so frustrating to live with that, before long, my only housemates would be my guns and my "stupid dogs" (all labrador retrievers, and they did act kind of dumb sometimes). She forgot about my motorcycles, I guess.

Oh, and we're still married and together after 25 years.

Darn, that reminds me. I forgot our anniversary again. I wonder if I should buy her a dog?

I dunno the story behind mine. It is what everyone has been calling me since I can remember. I hardly answer to my given name. I guess it is just one of those redneck nicknames.

Well I was nicknamed "Army Mule" or just "Mule" by some of my hunting partners a long time ago. Seems they just could not keep up or figured out how I could cary a 60+ lb pack up and down the mountains all day long while hunting elk. I told them the Army had a lot to do with this so hence the name and it has stuck.

Mule

I first got on the world wide webb in 1998. I was 50 yrs old and I thought I had about a 50/50 chance of working it out on my own. Name is Ron. Therefore Ron 5050.:confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.