What rifle to get.

Big fan of my seekins havak 6.5 prc with 140 Berger's. My only complaint was I really had to break in the action but, it's very smooth now and I'm easily shooting 1/2 moa groups out to 700 with hand loads.

Big fan of my seekins havak 6.5 prc with 140 Berger's. My only complaint was I really had to break in the action but, it's very smooth now and I'm easily shooting 1/2 moa groups out to 700 with hand loads.
Yeah the seekins didn't score well because of the tougher action. In the Dec-Jan2020 athlon sports ballistic best guns of the year award; it finished 6 of 10. The Barrett MRAD finished 1st and the mossberg MVP LR IN 10th.

There is not going to be much difference in recoil between PRC and 270 Rem but the PRC is a better choice for Long range (500 yds plus). Therefore a heavier rifle with a anti muzzle jump muzzle break possibly will suit your needs. The Christensen Mesa 6.5 PRC with David Tubb Break would be a fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.