What new 338 lapua rife to get

@FEENIX

Hey brother, what action is your build on? And what magazine is that-Accurate Mag?
It's an Anti-X and yes Sir, it's an Accurate Mag.

20220128_081458.jpg
AnTi-X 3 of 3.jpg

Last edited:
What rifle in 338 lapua would you reccomend to get. Im looking at using the 300gr bullets and copper so it seems i need a little more barrel twist. I was looking at the savage long range hunter and the weatherby accumark. Most of the other rifles had a 1:10 twist while these had a 1:9. Iv seen the savage can have a few problems from the factory. I like the wby rifles especially the 9 lug mark v it seems to be a very strong and rigid action. How do these rifles compare which would you choose or would you go a different route.
I have both and I am greatly sadend to say...the Savage Elite Precision in all honesty out shoots my Weatherby. The action is not as smooth as the Weatherby and takes some getting use too and the gun is much heavier but a shooter indeed!

I have both and I am greatly sadend to say...the Savage Elite Precision in all honesty out shoots my Weatherby. The action is not as smooth as the Weatherby and takes some getting use too and the gun is much heavier but a shooter indeed!
I never finished load development for my California Made Accumark, but last time I shot was geting 0.6" at 100 yards, RL33, Nosler 300 CC. I had only tried a couple of loads with 285AMAX and H1000 and a couple with the Nosler and RL33. With compenents where they are I just put a stopped to all my load development but I know I can do better than that.

I never finished load development for my California Made Accumark, but last time I shot was geting 0.6" at 100 yards, RL33, Nosler 300 CC. I had only tried a couple of loads with 285AMAX and H1000 and a couple with the Nosler and RL33. With compenents where they are I just put a stopped to all my load development but I know I can do better than that.
300 smks are working in mine and just about nothing else of any real consequence..tried 285s 275s 239s and now 250s....but the savage out of the box( just got it 14 days ago)...is .413 on the first 5 rounds...I'll keep working on my Weatherby but mine couldn't give me anything better than 1.75 with 285s

300 smks are working in mine and just about nothing else of any real consequence..tried 285s 275s 239s and now 250s....but the savage out of the box( just got it 14 days ago)...is .413 on the first 5 rounds...I'll keep working on my Weatherby but mine couldn't give me anything better than 1.75 with 285s
I only heard great things about Savage in 338LM. Almost bought the 110BA because of everything I heard about them, but then I found a great deal on a pre-owned, unfired Accumark and snatched it. Maybe when we get below 80 degrees in Texas, I will work on more loads. I ahve the components, just didnt want to burn them up.

I only heard great things about Savage in 338LM. Almost bought the 110BA because of everything I heard about them, but then I found a great deal on a pre-owned, unfired Accumark and snatched it. Maybe when we get below 80 degrees in Texas, I will work on more loads. I ahve the components, just didnt want to burn them up.
I bought the Tac Mark three years ago...I'll figure it out soon enough...but don't have to play much more with the Savage. Going to try 300 smks next...it would be nice to be able to use one round for both.!

Three. years ago I bought a Fierce .338 LM and 2boxes of 250 gr bullets. Took me 10 shots to get 3 consecutive shots into the 1/2" group advertised. Since then I've put another 500 rounds through it. 236 gr Hammer's group, 5 shots in 1/2". 270 gr. Hornady ELD-X group 5 shots in 1/2". Also Hornady 285 gr. ELDMatch group into 1/2". All shooting at 100 y yards. Rifle has 26" barrel with factory muzzle brake. Love it. Recoil manageable. Use Lapua brass and LM primers.