What new 338 lapua rife to get

93Ford

What rifle in 338 lapua would you reccomend to get. Im looking at using the 300gr bullets and copper so it seems i need a little more barrel twist. I was looking at the savage long range hunter and the weatherby accumark. Most of the other rifles had a 1:10 twist while these had a 1:9. Iv seen the savage can have a few problems from the factory. I like the wby rifles especially the 9 lug mark v it seems to be a very strong and rigid action. How do these rifles compare which would you choose or would you go a different route.

What rifle in 338 lapua would you reccomend to get. Im looking at using the 300gr bullets and copper so it seems i need a little more barrel twist. I was looking at the savage long range hunter and the weatherby accumark. Most of the other rifles had a 1:10 twist while these had a 1:9. Iv seen the savage can have a few problems from the factory. I like the wby rifles especially the 9 lug mark v it seems to be a very strong and rigid action. How do these rifles compare which would you choose or would you go a different route.
This boils down to personal preference and intended purpose. I know many folks happy with Savage rifles; their out-of-the-box and DIY friendliness are hard to beat. Some have loyalty to brands too. I like Savage rifles. However, if the budget allows, I would go with full custom; however, components will have a long wait. Good luck!

Im looking for more of a long range hunting rifle. I know the savage has more aftermarket available but iv always liked wby rifles. With handloads .5moa seems to be common with a good mark v from the factory which is good enough for me. Full custom seems to be a lot of extra expense for not much gain for my purpose. If anything the actions on the wby tend to be very true from what i could find. Im not for sure but i believe the accumark has a bell and carlson stock. So the mark v already has 2/3 of the main things needed for a very accurate build all it needs is a bartlien barrel and itll be set and thats if the factory barrel doesnt already shoot good.

Im looking for more of a long range hunting rifle. I know the savage has more aftermarket available but iv always liked wby rifles. With handloads .5moa seems to be common with a good mark v from the factory which is good enough for me. Full custom seems to be a lot of extra expense for not much gain for my purpose. If anything the actions on the wby tend to be very true from what i could find. Im not for sure but i believe the accumark has a bell and carlson stock. So the mark v already has 2/3 of the main things needed for a very accurate build all it needs is a bartlien barrel and itll be set and thats if the factory barrel doesnt already shoot good.
It looks like you have made your choice. Weatherby's actions are great to build on.

Custom build is not for everybody; yes, it can be costly. The costs depend highly on your choice of components, and if it is a semi-custom or full custom - in either case, you have the choice of components, unlike a factory rifle. Weatherby has a custom shop, but I do not know the options they have for a build.

If your gonna shoot a 300 copper your going to want to go full custom. Id go 1-7 or 1-7.5 twist. Bullets are long youll probably be single feed. Id go lapua ai since you're better off going custom. Might as well go full custom. Hammers 304 bullet is 2.14 long.

If your gonna shoot a 300 copper your going to want to go full custom. Id go 1-7 or 1-7.5 twist. Bullets are long youll probably be single feed. Id go lapua ai since you're better off going custom. Might as well go full custom. Hammers 304 bullet is 2.14 long.
+1

What can a custom gun be built for nowdays. If it can be fully built for around 2500 then yea i see how its worth it but if its 3k + then it becomes harder to justify

I was looking at the TAC338 action seems like a good action for the price around 1250. I figured barrel will probably be around 600 so im already at 1850. I do like the wbys but is it 1k$ better than the savage, the accumark is 2050 the cheapest i could find while the savage is 1100 standard price. The extra savings could buy a lot extra ammo and or scope. Iv seen the factory savages shoot just as good as the mark v.

300 grain copper is long so youll want to build on that if thats your bullet choice
Yep, it's one of the reasons I went with .338 NMI on my current build over .338 LM/I. The LM needs 4"+ COAL to take advantage of those long high BC bullets esp. mono bullets.

.338_Lapua_Magnum_vs_.338_Norma_Magnum.jpg

.338 NM in .338 LM CIP mag.jpg

.338 NM brass on .338 LM on 3.875" CIP mag.