What is the best tasting deer species

In this area the whitetails are alfalfa fed most of the year with a lot of corn in the fall. I process all my meat and being a bow hunter, we have a refrigerator in the garage and the deer are quartered ant put in the refrigerator immediately. We don't freeze much meat anymore, but we can most of it. Once you eat canned venison you will be hooked. Also as a side benefit if you have a power outage you don't lose any meat . No refrigeration needed. Can be eaten right out of the jar,heated over rice or potatoes, made into stew. Just handy to have around.

Red deer is my favorite.I eat it almost every day for the last five years and never get tired of eating it.The meat is much like elk,they can cross with elk,so they are basically a species of elk.They are grazers,so it's more like grass fed beef.I like beef,but now I can taste the unhealthiness of fat beef that I used to not and really prefer the natural red meat.

In this area the whitetails are alfalfa fed most of the year with a lot of corn in the fall. I process all my meat and being a bow hunter, we have a refrigerator in the garage and the deer are quartered ant put in the refrigerator immediately. We don't freeze much meat anymore, but we can most of it. Once you eat canned venison you will be hooked. Also as a side benefit if you have a power outage you don't lose any meat . No refrigeration needed. Can be eaten right out of the jar,heated over rice or potatoes, made into stew. Just handy to have around.
I can say that I have never had canned deer. But it sounds good the way you describe it. All I can think of is pot roast, and I love pot roast.

I do my deer as ground, cubed steak, and roast. We prefer not to add any fat to the meat while processing it, but add it when cooking it if needed. My wife and I will finish processing our deer tomorrow. I started processing my own when it crossed my mind that I didn't know if I got my deer back from the processor, and how the meat was taken care of. After a few seasons my grinder and cuber had paid for themselves. Now if the meat hasn't been treated correctly then it is my fault.👍
I bought my grinder this year. It just cost too much now

Thanks

Buck

I hunt Illinois so I understand and agree. The deer I hunt in Georgia don't get the corn and soy beans like those in Illinois do
Bucklowery, I live in the state beside Georgia, S.C. and our corn, soy bean, pnut, strawberry and watermelon farmers will tell you that they get enough. You should see what a herd of deer do to a watermelon field overnight. They bust a melon take a bite or 2 then move to the next 1 so that they get enough and keep up.