What are the last 3 rifles you sold and why?

I can, at this moment, only think of two.

Back in the mid-70's I sold a Winchester 22 Magnum. A decent enough rifle, but 22 Magnum ammunition was way too expensive and I didn't own a shotgun. Sold the rifle and bought a little imported 20 gauge double.

The other was in the early 2000's. We won a Browning Synthetic stocked 300 WM . Didn't need it, never shot it, sold it, probably wasted the $ on something stupid! ☹️ memtb

Winchester made those Model 94 commemoratives from the 1960's nearly every year for about 50 years. Even Canada had a few of their own commemorative models. They were always good trading stock. If ya sold one, somebody would have another one, brand new in the box, 20 years down the road if ya wanted to buy it again. The best were the Big Bore 94's in 375 Winchester, think about 1981. A few came out in 32 Winchester Special, good old stuff. Sure have sold at least 3 of those over the years.

Last edited:
Only sold 2 in my life. First one was a Remington 710 in 270 win because I just wanted something nicer and more refined. Second one was a browning BLR lightweight 270 win because I didn't like how high the scope had to be for clearance to the hammer. Caused me to miss a nice buck that was coming straight at me at 20 yds from a treestand. I grazed the brisket not thinking about my POI at that range with such a high scope.

Winchester made those Model 94 commemoratives from the 1960's nearly every year for about 50 years. Even Canada had a few of their own commemorative models. They were always good trading stock. If ya sold one, somebody would have another one, brand new in the box, 20 years down the road if ya wanted to buy it again. The best were the Big Bore 94's in 375 Winchester, think about 1981. A few came out in 32 Winchester Special, good old stuff. Sure have sold at least 3 of those over the years.
I have a '94 in 32 win special that was my grandpas go to deer rifle. I would never sell it for anything. Love the gun and the memories

I'm 65, and got first rifle 49 years ago. Never sold any, just keep buying. Sure, I have some safe queens, love to take them out and give a good wipe down and think about the good times. Nice memories. They'll go to my sons and grandsons. Got my eye on precision 22lr for squirreling. Am I sick?

This is my kind of thinking, perfectly sound reasoning in my opinion.

I'm more for buying than selling also!

1. Remington Model 7, 223 all camo replaced with Diamondback DB-15; easier platform for predator light attachment

2. Remington 700 sps, 300 blackout replaced with Wilson Combat Ar in 300 blackout; also easier platform for predator device attachments (also subsonic possible)

3. Ruger American 6.5 Creedmore, seemed cheap and #1 replacement will do what I want without as much pelt damage

I have seen two guys I knew pass away recently and leave their wives with literally hundreds of guns. One of these guys was a Winchester collector and pretty well known locally, his poor wife was hounded incessantly. The other was more thoughtful and left clear instructions for his eclectic collection of over 300 guns, they were sold at the local firearms auction. Unfortunately the second gentleman left no instructions for the thousands of rounds of ammo he had acquired. I just sold off the last of 13K rounds of .22lr and .22 WMR this past weekend. These experiences along with a recent medical diagnosis have made me rethink things. With the exception of a couple of family keepsakes, guns are just stuff. I have started getting tables at the local gunshows and selling off most of my collection. I like the Thompson Center guns and will keep them a while longer but pretty well everything else is or soon will be gone. Life is short my friends, don't leave a burden on your loved ones. Convert those unused safe queens into fun tickets and enjoy life while you can!