Rifles we wish we've never sold, and WHY!

OK I got another one - A Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle. Dead nuts accurate and quite beautiful. Unfortunately, it would not eject live rounds after they were chambered. You had to "shoot it out" as they say. I was afraid I'd forget about it coming in from the field and have an unexpected discharge. At least I only lost $50.00 on it!

I have read a large number of threads on this site. Few, if any, have made me feel more connected to "the club". We are just like minded folks, sharing what has meant something to us. Thank you, one and all.

It almost happened again today. I found a Savage 510 Striker in 243 in the back of the safe. I knew it was there, but it has to be 10 years since I touched it. Cleaned it and took pictures getting ready to sell here and thought about this post. Dang that was close.
never sell a striker is like getting rid of one of your kids. I have 4 of them.

It almost happened again today. I found a Savage 510 Striker in 243 in the back of the safe. I knew it was there, but it has to be 10 years since I touched it. Cleaned it and took pictures getting ready to sell here and thought about this post. Dang that was close.
I did sell my Striker in 243 to buy an AR the night Obama got elected... I do, however, have a Striker in 22-250 that shoots very well and a spare 7-08 barrel (Savage OEM ported bbl.) for it when the 22-250 bbl takes a dive... My Pops also has one of the rather rare 300 wsm Strikers (I could never gather the cash for one while they were available).

1st. is a 257 Robers with a Huskvarna Action sold by Herters. Traded a guy for a Remington 700 ADL in 270 Win. Kick myself every time I think about that trade. 2nd is a Model 12 Win in 20 gauge with a 25" barrel... Verty early model. It scared the s*&t our of me when it began firing when you pumped a shell into the chamber... Didn't know they could be rebuilt. Traded it off for a 20 gauge 870... how dumb! The things we do when were young! :>( DesertDweller62

Why did you have to bring this up...? Lol. Just yesterday I told co worker about a Win. Mod. 70 heavy barrel 22-250 with long action I had sold many years ago. The Sako heavy barrel that replaced it I could never get to shoot as good. Others a Rem mod 700 BDL 6 MM rem. An old Ruger M77 Mk. 1 30.06. my whole Ruger Blackhawk set. I won't go on. Too painful. :(

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.