What sling are you running?

ohiohunter

Been looking at slings, I have a crooked horn but on one shoulder my barrel weight makes it rotate pretty badly. I am going to try a cross shoulder position but don't know if I have enough sling, I've been looking at the Viking MK2 sling. Seems pretty suited to cross shoulder carry, though I'd like to find some stud sling swivels that actually swivel/rotate like the flush cup swivels. I hate the idea of torquing my studs, some rifles have the tendency to loosen.

I'm considering trying a Viking tactical backpack sling. I've used a sling across the body, better than one shoulder, but taken to using a backpack sling the last while. So comfy!

I've got a coretec sling. It's only for carrying.
It says the Viking can be used muzzle up or down
Was just reading the description lol

Do you carry bp style with a backpack? If so does it tilt the barrel enough to hit your head on barrel?

Do you carry bp style with a backpack? If so does it tilt the barrel enough to hit your head on barrel?

No it doesn't work with a backpack. I use a tactical belt with molle pouches to put my stuff in. There's another rifle carrier designed for backpacks...forget the name right now. Feenix and me were chatting about them a bit ago on the forum

Been using the Viking Tactics Hunter Sling for a few years now. Kyle talked me into it before we went to New Zealand on a walk up the mountains Tahr & Chamois hunt. I was VERY happy with how it worked both while carrying a pack and without the pack.

The non-slip piece and the ability to make it really long or short with a quick adjustment offers versatility not often found in a traditional hunting sling.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/attachments/kahles_k318i-jpeg.88747/

I only use Browning X-Cellerator slings on my rifles and shotguns. I can't stand a loose sling dangling around when I take it off my shoulder or off my back or chest. This one is easily adjusted with one hand. It stays on my shoulder and doesn't slide off, even when wearing a pack.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.