What’s the BEST down right there (DRT) loaded ammunition/bullet for whitetail/pronghorn in 6.5 Creedmoor?

Wow - I haven't checked this thread (I think it used to be mine...) in a couple days. Seems like things de-railed a bit. But based on everyone's input I think I've gotten some great guidance from all of you! I'll keep you informed on my journey to find the most accurate loaded ammunition in my rifle with a recommended bullet from my LRH friends!
On behalf of LRH, I apologize for the ridiculousness, immaturity, and stubbornness that derailed your thread. This usually isn't the case......unless it's a Berger vs hammer thread. Lol. Either way, I'm glad you got your answer. Good luck!

I read that these were designed for AR rifles, is that true? I'm shooting Franchi Momentum hunting rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, so will these shoot well in a sporting bolt action rifle? Thanks!
This should help. 130 OTM from a bolt action 6.5SLR @ 2925fps.
20191126_165526.jpg

20200816_183430.jpg

20210814_123553.jpg

20220815_183210.jpg

20151130_110338.jpg

20161119_084753.jpg

20191122_093714.jpg

I can't beat that ^^^^^^, very nice congratulations. But I have had good results with Nosler Ballistic Tip in 120gr. Haven't bought any in over 4 years. I still have 3 boxes. I reload mostly, but got these for 20.00 a box. NOSLER has them for 62.00 ( WOW ) 🤣😥

Okay got It!!!! Fairly convincing!! What kind of accuracy are you getting? And are you shooting Berger Loaded ammo or reloading? Thanks
That rifle is a 1/4 MOA rifle. No joke, my daughter shot a squirrel at 741 yards on a cold bore shot, on video. That rifle is a 6.5SLR. There is no factory ammo for it. All handloads.

I shoot them in a 20" 6.5SS too, 3076fps. 23 shot group into .485 MOA. 3-5 shot groups into the .2s regularly.

I'm not a reloader, so loaded ammunition recommendations would be great! However, if you have had great experiences with a certain bullet please share that as well, and I'll figure it out from there. For me I rank accuracy as my #1 priority, but DRT is a very close #2! I plan on using this ammo for whitetail and pronghorn primarily.

THANKS in advance for your help
Same here as haisardao , soot sub .250 @ 200 with Hornady 143 gr ELD-X but also great results with the 140 Hornayd black BTHP, outstanding ammo. I now am reloading my brass witht he same thing in H 4350 and RL 26 great performance

Same here as haisardao , soot sub .250 @ 200 with Hornady 143 gr ELD-X but also great results with the 140 Hornayd black BTHP, outstanding ammo. I now am reloading my brass witht he same thing in H 4350 and RL 26 great performance

Barnes 6.5 120gr TTSX has been very effective in all 3 cartridges I've loaded it in, it's all I've used for the last 6 years.

However, you probably won't get them all the way up to the highest "book" velocities published for conventional bullets without signs of excessive pressure and finding the best seating depth for accuracy has been counterintuitive for me- They like to be loaded shorter base to ogive than anything else I've used, that doesn't help get more powder in cases without excessive pressures either.

If you use a musket and hit in the perfect spot, you can have a DRT. This is hunting and not bench shooting. Lots of variables come into play, buck fever, environmental conditions, and a moving target.
You need a bullet that can assist with increasing your odds even with marginal shot placement.
These are thin skinned game, you need rapid expansion without having to hit bone for expansion. Partitions and other bullets meant for larger game and always making an exit are not the best choice for smaller game. Elk sure, but not whitetails.
I've had phenomenal results with 140 ELDMs. They expand violently without hitting bone. They can punch through a shoulder on a large whitetail buck and still destroy the vitals.
On average, I see about 25 whitetail/small exotic animals taken each season as I guide clients on hunts from time to time. The most effective bullets used are the thin jacketed violently expanding bullets such as eldms, ballistic tips, etc. I have to do the most tracking when the clients want to use their thick jacketed bonded/eldx line of ammo.

With hornady bullets, the ELDMs have a thinner jacket than the ELDX series.
With berger bullets, the hunting line of bullets have a thinner jacket than their match line of bullets.
This! Maximize the cartridge, don't minimize it with a hard bullet and narrow wound channel.

The 140eldm have zero problem going thru whitetail bone either. Scapula on whitetail is 1/10 the of an inch thick , except the ridge obviously, you can see light thru it.
Put it thru the ribs and meat loss is minimal. Shoulder hit can be a bit more for sure. Have to know your bullet.

Great stuff LR gang!! I didn't get out to shoot my next three (3) new boxes of ammunition that I identified earlier in this thread, but maybe this weekend… stay tuned I'll share the accuracy test results. I'm literally trying all of the recommendations from all of you! Thanks

@rlshrumva Hornady factory ammo 143. Opening day 2021, range 235, Tikka 6.5 CM. My nephew's 1st deer off a BOG tripod, due to terrain on power line clearing. I was the film maker through my spotter and phone.

POA=POI, the off switch

whitetailvitals_bones-1.jpg

In the summer I made him practice shooting water bottles at that distance from different tripod positions.

@rlshrumva Hornady factory ammo 143. Opening day 2021, range 235, Tikka 6.5 CM. My nephew's 1st deer off a BOG tripod, due to terrain on power line clearing. I was the film maker through my spotter and phone.

POA=POI, the off switch

View attachment 425195

In the summer I made him practice shooting water bottles at that distance from different tripod positions.

Last week a shot a doe whitetail at about 100 yds with a 143 ELDX in same rifle broadside. Took top of both lungs out and hit back both shoulder blades. DRT. I say Dead Right There not Dropped. It made about the same mess as a Berger. I've never shot anything but doe lope and deer with that little 6.5 Creed Tikka but all 6 with same bullet we're DRT. And not since 2018. Shot another for lope with a Berger 140 VLD at 213 yds Messed up and hit shoulder . Pretty much wasted whole left shoulder . I moved up to the next sensation the 6.5 PRC. Mostly with 156 Berger and 124 Hammer . Both worked great. Didn't get to work on many more loads for the little Creed. I tried Hornady Factory loads in 6.5 Creed and PRC. They were as accurate or the velocity as my handloads . I eventually went back to my 300 RUM, 300 win mag and 7 Rem mag. I didn't have confidence in Creedmoor for Elk if a long shot had to be taken. Pretty much same for PRC. I know both be fine for 500 yards but I can't predict yardage. I'd rather have the the Biggin's and not worry about what the yardage is.