What’s the BEST down right there (DRT) loaded ammunition/bullet for whitetail/pronghorn in 6.5 Creedmoor?

I give less than two sh*ts about "your contacts". But i'll get it in writing from them the design intent behind their pointed tips...Berger stated that they designed their hunting bullets with a thinner jacket to facilitate expansion. Hmm, but you say it's the points? So why wouldn't they say the target bullet is a hunting bullet? After all, it's a hollowpoint, so you say?

Man, you sound so much more official though when you type in bold, nice touch. Do more of that.
Right Kyle... Hollow points are not actually hollow points, and next you'll try to convince me that men can get pregnant.

I mean if a hollow point identifies as a FMJ... who is anyone to say otherwise? lol

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Right Kyle... Hollow points are not actually hollow points, and next you'll try to convince me that men can get pregnant.

I mean if a hollow point identifies as a FMJ... who is anyone to say otherwise? lol

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

But which is it dude...you can't have it both ways. Does the open tip on a Berger Hybrid (my 215s sure have pointed tips) facilitate expansion? Or does that expansion occure from that copper jacket being deformed on impact, exposing the lead and thus mushrooming? Non-pointed bullets also mushroom, but how can that be, I thought it was the open tip that facilitated expansion?

Again, jacket thickness and core construction, not an open tip is the determining factor in expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:
But which is it dude...you can't have it both ways. Does the open tip on a Berger Hybrid (my 215s sure have pointed tips) facilitate expansion? Or does that expansion occure from that copper jacket being deformed on impact, exposing the lead and thus mushrooming? None pointed bullets also mushroom, but how can that be, I thought it was the open tip that facilitated expansion?

Again, jacket thickness, not an open tip is the determining factor in expansion.
Right, as if I have any expectation of having a logical discussion with you... when we can't even agree about whether a hollow point is a hollow point. lol

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Right, as if I have any expectation of having a logical discussion with you... when we can't even agree about whether a hollow point is a hollow point. lol

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

pointed and OTM target bullets have open tips in part due to the design process, and it's easier to uniform an open tip than it is make a perfectly pointed nose. The pressure wave in front of an OTM /BTHP helps uniform the BC and decreases the likelihood that small dings in the front of the bullet will cause inconsistencies. It is 100% about BC and bullet flight, it is 0% about facilitating expansion. You can whine and name call all you want, but you actually have yet to provide any evidence to support your claim that the target BHTPs or OTMs were designed to expand, thats because they weren't.

This is a true hollowpoint, exposed lead leading to immediate expansion...not the same as pointed bergers, not even close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221_154046_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_154046_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20221221_154420_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_154420_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 36
ZybGkm6h.jpg

At no point did I make any argument on whether anything was "designed to expand" or not. Regardless of what they were "designed to do" bullets with a hollow point, ARE HOLLOW POINTS, no matter which way you try to spin this.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

A pointed berger bullet is not a hollow point, in the intended definition of a hollow point (designed for rapid expansion and increased tissue damage...re the Hague Convention) regardless of how many times you want to repeat yourself. Your meme game sucks, btw.

Screenshot_20221221_160729_DuckDuckGo.jpg

A pointed bullets is not a hollow point
LOL!!!!!

Do you have a learning disability? Pointing a hollow point, doesn't magically make the point not hollow anymore. Literally every reloading component sales website I checked has the berger hybrids and LR hybrids listed as bullet type: Hollow Point Boat Tail.

You're now on my ignore list. Talking to you is what I imagine it's like talking to a pregnant man or a flat-earther. Just living in your own little reality that everyone else is suppose to accept.

Absolute idiocy.

4kZIJpE.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

LOL!!!!!

Do you have a learning disability? Pointing a hollow point, doesn't magically make the point not hollow anymore. Literally every reloading component sales website I checked has the berger hybrids and LR hybrids listed as bullet type: Hollow Point Boat Tail.

You're now on my ignore list. Talking to you is what I imagine it's like talking to a pregnant man or a flat-earther. Just living in your own little reality that everyone else is suppose to accept.

Absolute idiocy.

4kZIJpE.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

You sure you don't work for this administration, your a wizard at denying actual facts and twisting what little verbiage you can find to suit your narrative and making up your own definitions for things. But You're probably right, the Hague was wrong in defining it the way they did...someone should tell them.

Dude. Your wrong. Get over it and move on.
Proof to support your claim? An actual definition will suffice. Ive provided one more than a few times.

Another in the link below.

Dude. Your wrong. Get over it and move on.

"Okay, this is a post about ammunition, and especially, military ammunition, but it also has applicability to police and personal defense use. Now hear this, as the swabbies like to say: Open Tip Match ammunition is not hollow-point ammunition in the sense in which the latter is usually used, to wit, expanding ammunition.

OTM does not differ materially in its expansion and fragmentation from ball ammo. Therefore, it is according to the letter and spirit of the Hague Agreement, perfectly legal."

"...Doesn't all this de-facto create a JHP? Sure, maybe it's done for accuracy reasons rather than to make the bullet drop whitetail better, but doesn't the opening in the tip of an OTM act for all intents and purposes as a hollowpoint, and doesn't that imply that OTMs are being used in a military setting with an implied emphasis on their improved terminal effectiveness, with the ostensible reason being "improved accuracy, nudge nudge wink wink"?

Not really. As we'll see, the OTM has substantial differences to the hunter's jacketed hollow-point or soft-point bullet. Chief among these is the lack of provision of any striations on the jacket that would facilitate failure points in it, allowing the bullet to "petal" and expand. Most commercial jacketed hollow-point projectiles feature these striations, either internally or externally, and all projectiles approved for general issue by the JAG do not feature them."

look at that, OTM/BTHP is not a hollow point. Carry-on.

I'm not sure the word creedmoor and the acronym DRT should even be mentioned in the same sentence….🤣🤣🤣. JK couldn't resist. I agree that bergers are gonna be your best bet as long as you don't mind bloodshot meat and picking through shrapnel.

Wow - I haven't checked this thread (I think it used to be mine...) in a couple days. Seems like things de-railed a bit. But based on everyone's input I think I've gotten some great guidance from all of you! I'll keep you informed on my journey to find the most accurate loaded ammunition in my rifle with a recommended bullet from my LRH friends!