What’s the BEST down right there (DRT) loaded ammunition/bullet for whitetail/pronghorn in 6.5 Creedmoor?

I facilitate lots of first time whitetail hunters here in west Texas. Been using suppressed 6.5 CM for several years now. I handload and shoot lots of rifles and rounds but generally use factory ammo in the guns that visitors shoot. Used 129SST superformance (no deer survived them) for a while but did get some pressure signs and heavy bolt lift on occasion. I tried the 125gr Winchester Deer Season ammo and accuracy is sub moa, been through almost 2 boxes and every shooter has managed a one shot kill so far. This thread went childish for a minute.

This! Maximize the cartridge, don't minimize it with a hard bullet and narrow wound channel.

The 140eldm have zero problem going thru whitetail bone either. Scapula on whitetail is 1/10 the of an inch thick , except the ridge obviously, you can see light thru it.
Put it thru the ribs and meat loss is minimal. Shoulder hit can be a bit more for sure. Have to know your bullet.
I agree
I facilitate lots of first time whitetail hunters here in west Texas. Been using suppressed 6.5 CM for several years now. I handload and shoot lots of rifles and rounds but generally use factory ammo in the guns that visitors shoot. Used 129SST superformance (no deer survived them) for a while but did get some pressure signs and heavy bolt lift on occasion. I tried the 125gr Winchester Deer Season ammo and accuracy is sub moa, been through almost 2 boxes and every shooter has managed a one shot kill so far. This thread went childish for a minute.
Again, I apologize to all. I should've left well enough alone.

It's all good KYW! None of us always get it right, however it does matter how you respond, and that part you have done well!

And I have heard now a few times about trying the HSM Game Kings, so I guess I've got to look in to trying those… you guys just continue to feed "the addiction"

Again, just to keep the key aspects of this thread out in front - I only plan to use my final loaded ammunition selection on deer (most likely whitetail only) & pronghorn. I use my 300 Win Mag for elk and mule deer. As always, thanks for all of your helpful insights and experience!

I'm not a reloader, so loaded ammunition recommendations would be great! However, if you have had great experiences with a certain bullet please share that as well, and I'll figure it out from there. For me I rank accuracy as my #1 priority, but DRT is a very close #2! I plan on using this ammo for whitetail and pronghorn primarily.

THANKS in advance for your help
Can't say it is the best, but Norma Whitetail 6.5 Creedmoor did the job on this South Arkansas Buck and he didn't go very far. Just ran in a little circle and keeled over sideways to the ground.

Attachments

• 20221121_163938.jpg
    20221121_163938.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 20221121_164014.jpg
    20221121_164014.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
Barnes 6.5 120gr TTSX has been very effective in all 3 cartridges I've loaded it in, it's all I've used for the last 6 years.

However, you probably won't get them all the way up to the highest "book" velocities published for conventional bullets without signs of excessive pressure and finding the best seating depth for accuracy has been counterintuitive for me- They like to be loaded shorter base to ogive than anything else I've used, that doesn't help get more powder in cases without excessive pressures either.
I've tried the loaded ammo from both Barnes & Choice Ammunition with the 120 ttsx in my gun (and actually killed a buck last year using it), but I can't get accuracy with it… I do shoot the 168 ttsx in my 300 win mag (for elk and mule deer) that's loaded by Choice Ammunition and it's very accurate.

Plus here back east due to nearby property lines and "jungles" I want to move to a lead fast expansion bullet to put whitetails down fast… but the ttsx is a super bullet especially if you need a tough one. I shot a nice bull elk in October with the 168 and on a broadside shot it went all the way through him and broke the offside shoulder at the joint = truly devastating!