Upgrade press too what?

hey guys I'm currently looking to upgrade my press. I've been using a Lee Challenger press for about 8 years but I'm thinking I want an upgrade. What presses are you all running? I would like to keep things simple with a single stage press. I reload for 5.56 through .300 Win mag.
if you're using a arbor press i would recommend sinclair or K&M ! for a standard press i recommend the rcbs rock chucker !

Forster co-ax. You won't find a stronger, more accurate press that stays clean. The leverage is the best of any of the single stage presses. Only had mine a few years now but I wish I had bought it long, long ago. I've had just about every press out there and this is the best I have ever owned.

I just updated my old LEE presses and ended up going with a MEC Marksman press for my rifle loading . I am very happy with it , very solid and basically no measurable play in the ram at all , super nice press

I used a rcbs for few years...it was used when i bought it...had a second one for recapping...sold one...danged if i didn't sell the smooth one....the one I have has a hitch in it get up...always needing squirts of oil to smooth out for a whiles use...then again next time....
Bought a Mac for finish loading....really smooth operation..big window...like it much....

I didn't mention it earlier, but I have a Dillon 650 in addition to my 550 and Rockchucker. I would not recommend for an upgrade. It's awesome and I love it, it is not very versatile like the 550. I can set up my 550 to load like a single stage so I can manually weigh my charges and still have the ability to expedite my reloading.

I bought mine back when it was still called a "Bonanza" Co-ax" somewhere around 1980. Have never used anything else for my rifle loads & have never had any trouble or issues with it. I do use a Dillon 550 B for my handgun loading.

I personally use a Dillon RL 550. when I need it to be a single stage press; I lock down the shell plate. now I have a very stiff 4 station single stage "O" press. I have friends that use the new cast iron press from Forster Co-axial (this press scares me) and the new cast iron single stage from Hornady. The "Iron Press". they say nothing bad about them. Personally I have used these two presses and like the Hornady Iron Press. the one I like if I was to go backwards is the Redding T-7 Turret press.
If you want versatility all the way up to big magnums; I think the best I have seen is the RCBS Ammomaster 2 and Redding Ultramag.

Been using my Rockchucker press for 30+ years and thousands of rounds of ammunition over those years, wouldn't ever part with it. If I were doing smaller ammunition like the .223 or 5.56 I wouldn't have a problem with a Dillon 650X or larger, but...you also stated up to 300WInMag. So....either the Rockchucker or the Forester CoAx press, usually unless you can find a used on, or catch the run just right the CoAx presses are hard to come by. I definitely would stay away from the "C" presses or a turret press if you plan on loading the larger magnum cartridges because these presses tend to spring under the heavy pressure required to resize the magnum cartridges.

Ya I thought there was but couldn't find it with the search function. I'll have to try again.
I have a Rockchucker and a Dillon 550 b. I recently gave the Rockchucker to a friend and I sort've regret it so I'm gonna buy another one I liked it that much . You can even piggyback it later as as n upgrade .

Happy with my Rock Chucker Supreme. BUT, being a tool. gadget person like many here, I might add an arbor style press just for bullet eating. K&M, RCBS Summit, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.