Thoughts on RL 25

I use it in my 308 Warbird because it gave the highest velocity according to the Lazzeroni website. However the most recent data has replaced it with Retumbo (almost exactly the same charge and velocities), so maybe they have learned something new.

running it in my 7stw (140 ab load) and 300rums in one load (180 Hornady) and it has been great to me for better than a decade. Not much temp. sensitivity either.

I had great accuracy in the 300wby 200grn flat base bullets. Mainly 200 hot core and partition. Didn't have a means to measure speed however the cloverleafs it produced were as often as you shot that rifle.

It's too slow to really be functional, RL22 is on the slow side for that case with 140 class. RL19 is very close to H4350, it works extremely well there. If you wanted good accuracy and reduced capacity youth loads it might not be a bad solution. The overbore ratio on the 6.5C is close to a 30-06 and the 243 is closer to a 338Norma Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.