Terminal performance of the 6.5mm 140 eld-match (pics)

If you all run out of RL26 then Staball 6.5 is pretty plentiful right now. Probably will be slower but seems pretty consistent out of my 260 AI. Around 2800 fps with the 140 ELDM but fun to shoot at distance. Here's a 550 yard group I shot yesterday.
1698079480532.jpeg

Add 2 more to the kill list of the 140 eld-m. Both shots were under 100 yards and both fired from 6.5 creeds. My son killed his 2nd deer ever last week with his 6.5 creed and the 140 eldm traveling at 2684fps. Impact was 90 yards. I saw the fur ripple in my binos and i originally thought it was a solid it but we found out later that was not the case. He hit a little low and back (nerves I guess) and so the deer was gut/liver shot. The doe took a couple bounds into the woods a stopped. It was just standing there so unsure of how hard it was hit and this being the last chance for him to shoot again I told him shoot her right in the butt because we need her to go down. Normally I wouldn't do this but there's no way my 8 year old was going to make a hit an a deer moving through the woods if she decided to take off. Anyway he smoked her right in the rear and that put her down for good. Bullet broke the the hip joint, blew through and traveled up the cavity leaving lead fragments along the way. What complete devastation. His first shot tore the liver up and left a golf ball sized exit out the back. Proud dad moment for him keeping it together and getting another round into the animal quickly!
20231108_160611.jpg

Next was one my father shot. Hit the entry shoulder. By the time it hit the rib cage the hole entering the cavity was the size of a gold ball or more. It tore through the top of the heart/lungs and I assume what was the base exited out the other side as the exit hole wasn't much bigger than a dime. I'll get pics of his when he starts the butchering process. I didn't get pics of my sons as I was a way for a prs match when it was butchered. This is a pic of the vitals from my father's deer
20231108_170922.jpg

For whatever it's worth we have killed 6 mule deer and 4 cow elk all with the 162 ELDM out of a 280 AI in the last year or two and all have been DRT. One shot was actually too far back but the buck fell over dead regardless.
So my take is the ELDM will be in all my rifles moving forward as they just kill! I still use Berger Hybrids in one rifle but once those bullets are all run out I will likely go to an ELDM, they cost less and work just as well for me.

For whatever it's worth we have killed 6 mule deer and 4 cow elk all with the 162 ELDM out of a 280 AI in the last year or two and all have been DRT. One shot was actually too far back but the buck fell over dead regardless.
So my take is the ELDM will be in all my rifles moving forward as they just kill! I still use Berger Hybrids in one rifle but once those bullets are all run out I will likely go to an ELDM, they cost less and work just as well for me.
It's the only bullet I use for hunting. They are killing machines.