Terminal Performance? - Hornady's New ELD Match vs. Old A-Max

Just this weekend my son took an antelope with a .308 168 eld-m. Muzzle velocity is 2620 and the shot was 102yards broadside. Perfect behind the shoulder with a fist sized exit. Drt. I shot an antelope at 100 yds with a 208 was eldm. Muzzle velocity of 2980. Hard quartering away entry behind last rib with no exit. Bullet penetrated all the way into vitals liquifying everything in between. Drt.

They preform exactly like the old amax. I am a big fan of this bullet for everything up to elk.

I have been shooting the 28 Nosler since 2016 with the 180 Berger Hybrids 180 ELDM and 175 ELDX. LOAD DEVELOPMENT WISE first the 175 ELDX is a PITA. I can't get it to shoot nearly as well as the ELDM or Berger. I shot a coyote with the 180 ELDM at ~280yards as it was sitting facing me and it blew the back out, literally the vertebrae was 10' from the body. Otherwise no terminal reports because AZ is wicked hard to get drawn for anything. I noticed the jacket on the Berger is a different color than the Hornady ELDM and ELDX and I ran into pressure on the Berger quicker
Same place as you here in Colorado, can't draw here either as a resident?!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.