Hornady 143 ELD-X GRAPHIC Terminal Performance (.264)

??? Never heard of them.
People have different philosophies when it comes to hunting bullets. Some like to see bullet dump all its energy into the cavity of an animal capturing the remainder of the bullet somewhere in the cavity of the animal. Others believe full penetration allows animals to bleed out more.

I like to see the animals drop like this hog with one shot. As I stated in the video "this is the FIRST bullet to not blow through a hog" and I've shot nearly 50 hogs with this exact bullet getting multiple doubles when the opportunity has presented itself.

In almost every one of my shots with the ELD-X hogs have dropped in the dirt.

What was interesting, at least to me, the first shield of this hog measured almost 1" and the bullet completely obliterated the hogs shoulder/arm causing the boar to drop on that side.

Here is their web site. https://hammerbullets.com/ I am not affiliated with them in any way.

Want to see more of "Zen's" hunts?

Stop over at the "6.5 Creedmoor" site and go to the HUNTING forum. Zen is a total hunter - day, night, summer, winter, hogs, coyotes, etc.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.