Tape the end of your barrel !

hmmm....... an all this time I thought it was multiple flinches.

Good one.
And here I've been wanting a stiffer barrel.
Maybe I just need to store the rifles closer together.:D

Have been using electrical tape for years.
Funny thing is, when I tried it at the range I got a better group than without !
Seriously. the tape was 1 1/2 inches down each side of the barrel. I changed it after each shot because of the .277 cal hole in the tape. POI did NOT change at all. In fact POI changes more due to a dirty barrel than tape.
The rifle is a 270 WSM. It always shoots around 0.8 MOA with 150 ABs when I due my part, and it likes the barrel taped. :)

The black tape can leave a black residue, at least it does on wire and other things I use it on. Even the good stuff, +33 by 3M @ $4 per roll.
If you get the different colored tape, red, blue, brown etc, they don't leave any adhesive behind.

I originally thought about using a condom, and it would work for my rifle.
My XP-100 only has a 14 1/2 inch long barrel and leaving the rest of the condom rolled up on the barrel would be unsightly!!

Bada Bing :)

I originally thought about using a condom, and it would work for my rifle.
My XP-100 only has a 14 1/2 inch long barrel and leaving the rest of the condom rolled up on the barrel would be unsightly!!

Bada Bing :)

This has been a very interesting thread and there have been lots of good ideas (The purpose
of this web site) and some funny comments , so I though I would add a funny experience
that happened years ago on a hunting trip.

I had told my buddies about placing a balloon or condom on the barrel for protection and as
with most groups there is always a joker in the bunch and while siting around the camp fire
preparing for the next days hunt I noticed that the joker had placed a very unusual condom
on his rifle that had all sorts of things sticking off of it . That's when I blew hot coffie through
my nose.

From then on he always came up with something bizarre for his rifle to wear.

Just thought I would share that with everyone.

J E CUSTOM

If you want a stiffer barrel drop a viarga pill down the muzzel
but will be expensive $10.00 a shot just for the stiff barrel pill.

That should be a good safe shot viarga and a condom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.