Your opinion of the .243AI

I don't have a 243AI but do shoot the 243. I have shot deer with the 85gr Barns X bullet as far as 597 yards with no problems it's all about bullet placement. Now that I've got 243's with 1x8 and 1x7 twist barrels shooting 105 and 115 grain bullets will go to 800 yards and a 1000+ is only limited by wind conditions (ND prairie). By the way I've got a 300 win mag (Remington Sendero - anybody want to buy it) and I'll take the 243 over it any day on deer size game to 1000 yards, less recoil, less bullet drop and basically the same wind drift at a 1000. I've yet to recover a 243 bullet as all have gone out the far side - even those that broke a front shoulder.

Last edited:
For Remington Sendero 300 win mag $850 - plus postage. It has a 20 MOA NF base on it and the stock is a 3 stud with palm swell. I bought it 6 years ago but haven't shot it enough to talk about in the last 2, no idea of the round count.

Ahhh, it's an SFII....I'll pass. I hate the palmswell stocks. I'm thinking about selling my green/black HS Precision 5R MilSpec LA stock or trading it for an older model Sendero stock (no palmswells) because of that very reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts