Tape on the end of barrel

condom over the muzzle... Or they make little finger condoms for clean room work. Just roll it on like the sex ed teacher rolling a rubber over the banana. U could even cut the finger off of a latex glove and fit it over

IMG_6454.jpg
[/IMG]

As mentioned a couple of posts above, these are 14 mil and appear very durable. This is the LARGE size: http://www.fingercots.net/industrial_finger_cots.php . This model appears to me to be the best combination of things I'm looking for, given the options on this site.

I pushed a ball point pin into one of the side ports at least 1/2" before the very tip poked through the latex leaving a 2mm hole. MUCH more durable than others I have tried. Will shoot though one here sometime...

I've used both tape and a small balloon. The first time or two I would remove it from my barrel before shooting, and then once by mistake did not remove it and killed the deer I shot at. After that I shot with one out to 200 yards and saw no change in accuracy. I do it, but I understand why some do not.

IMG_6454.jpg
[/IMG]

As mentioned a couple of posts above, these are 14 mil and appear very durable. This is the LARGE size: Industrial Finger Cots . This model appears to me to be the best combination of things I'm looking for, given the options on this site.

I pushed a ball point pin into one of the side ports at least 1/2" before the very tip poked through the latex leaving a 2mm hole. MUCH more durable than others I have tried. Will shoot though one here sometime...

These came in a bag of 300...yes, 300. I don't need that many but that was the lowest amount this industrial supply type place had them in, so I took the plunge trying to find a better mousetrap. Shipping and handling was a killer.

I would be willing to sell 200 of these in 8 lots of 25 for $10/25, not including shipping costs. Even the 6mil thick commerically available, much weaker, Big Horn Products version I have been trying is more expensive that that. PM me if interested. These things are tough--toughest finger cot I've seen.

I have hunted world wide and use tape whenever there is a lot of rain or flying dust. AK is a place where I have used tape the most. If the weather is good, I won't use it, but very heavy rain bring out the tape. It works for me, but like others have said, test it first to see if it works for you.

All my shots were within 200 yards, mostly dangerous game hunting.

Last year elk 1155 yds. one shot. deer 1065 yards one shot. I always us tape. This year deer 885 one shot. tape on muzzle brake. 338ax. Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts