Talk to me about Wildcats

I often think about ButerBean's signature - Don't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience. And I've come to realize it's much more inclusive than that. It includes strongly opinionated people who may be correct in another context but are wrong here. We're here to share views and information most specifically related to LR HUNTING, Shoot what you will in another format but lets keep the focus here on hunting and the myriad calibers we can do that with - whether factory, altered factory, or newly created.One persons wildcat is another persons starting point. Just have fun doing it

Last edited:
I often think about ButerBean's signature - Don't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience. And I've come to realize it's much more inclusive than that. It includes strongly opinionated people who may be correct in another context but are wrong here. We're here to share views and information most specifically related to LR HUNTING, Shoot what you will in another format but lets keep the focus here on hunting and the myriad calibers we can do that with - wether factory, altered factory, or newly created.One persons wildcat is another persons starting point. Just have fun doing it
I concur

My nephew was a Marine sniper with the 85E did a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan ill put you in touch with him and let him tell you what his opinions are on single shot.
When he got out they were testing semi-auto rifles with 10 shot mags.
Most have the talking part done but have a problem with the doing part, but seriously doudt could hold up when the S$$$ hits the fan.

My nephew was a Marine sniper with the 85E did a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan ill put you in touch with him and let him tell you what his opinions are on single shot.
When he got out they were testing semi-auto rifles with 10 shot mags.
Most have the talking part done but have a problem with the doing part, but seriously doudt could hold up when the S$$$ hits the fan.
Yep

Just one more tho't and then I'll sit in the bleachers and watch the remainder of this game. One of the things that I, as a less experienced long range shooter, consider when evaluating any given post, is the number of messages and reactions any given individual has. I realize they can be very experienced and new to the site, but longevity and the support of respected members goes a long way in gaining my respect. Ok - go team.

When the Ruger #1s came out I thought that was the cats meow their great rifles don't take this out of context but after watching a buck of a lifetime walk off on a 80 yd broad side shot fumbling for my next round in the chamber hoping he would drop I went back too my trusty bolt action didnt realize I hit the limb in front of him😞back too the post

No update yet, I spoke with Redding yesterday about having some dies made, they aren't making any custom dies at the moment. I'm sure they are like everyone else trying to keep up with the high demand
Maybe have the smith who's chambering the barrel cut some dies for you? I know it's done but am not sure of the cost.

I'd like to know what the OP intended to whack with that 133gr Berger!
Antelope. South Texas whitetail & as many wild pigs as I could lol. The BC looks impressive in what Berger has published but I haven't gotten my hands on any to verify it. To be honest more than anything I'm just curious and I think it would make a cool little cartridge. I've always wanted to build a wildcat & for some reason I'm attracted this this idea.

Recent Posts