Suppressor Recomendations & Help

I am very happy with my Thunderbeast Dominus and I used the Silencershot Kiosk with their single shot trust. I would recommend that to anyone, it was stupid easy. I ordered my suppressor from Mile High, they shipped it to my local dealer that had a kiosk and they took care of it.

Seems like TBAC for the win... 🤣
OP in all seriousness they are the gold standard like FGMM used to be. They keep getting better and out performing all the others. Nothing against Gunwerks, but it's a new product, let others work out the kinks before you have to beta test it for them.

Thanks, I was trying to decide whether or not to go with a trust. I probably won't now
If you have anyone else that may use the can without you present (ie a son, daughter, wife) then you want a trust. If someone uses it and you are not present and get caught you are going to lose the can and both people can face federal charges. If you have no one that will ever use it then no need for a trust, if someone might use it for less than $200 it is better to have

If you have anyone else that may use the can without you present (ie a son, daughter, wife) then you want a trust. If someone uses it and you are not present and get caught you are going to lose the can and both people can face federal charges. If you have no one that will ever use it then no need for a trust, if someone might use it for less than $200 it is better to have
Trust all the way for this reason... I keep little papers adding people in case that 1 time someone decides to enforce the law.

Trust all the way for this reason... I keep little papers adding people in case that 1 time someone decides to enforce the law.
Yup if something were to happen to me then at least my wife and son will be able to keep the cans, not that my wife uses them but my son does

Consider yourself lucky then. Local shops near me in Ohio have all been $125-150 for Class 3 transfers.

FFL transfers (rifles, actions, etc) have been more reasonable at around $30.
What you have there in Ohio is typical for Florida also. Any gun sales that don't require a tax stamp 20 to $30. And 30 being the more common. Anything with a tax stamp is about $125 plus

I've been buying a supressor every year (sometimes 2 per year, waiting on 3 e-files right now) for about 10 yrs. Since the TBAC ultra 7 gen 2 got here that is all I want to run. Almost all my bolt guns are threaded 5/8-24 so I just put some loctite on the TBAC brake screwed it in the can and direct thread it on everything. I use a hybrid 46 on the 300 ultra mag with the Harvester style brake end cap. It's nice to shoot now.

Attachments

• 44A539A8-0FFC-4EF1-860E-F6AD490196BF.jpeg
    44A539A8-0FFC-4EF1-860E-F6AD490196BF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Yup if something were to happen to me then at least my wife and son will be able to keep the cans, not that my wife uses them but my son does
Any NFA item can be transferred tax free on a form 5 to a legal heir, so they'd still be able to keep them if you didn't have a trust. A trust is still the way to go in my opinion.

Any NFA item can be transferred tax free on a form 5 to a legal heir, so they'd still be able to keep them if you didn't have a trust. A trust is still the way to go in my opinion.
I agree with the form 5 process. Maybe you can answer a question for me. If I didn't have a trust and I died, my wife and/or son wanted to do a form 5 transfer and filed everything needed. Where does all of my NFA items go until approval of the transfer? I would think that the ATF could charge them with illegal possession if paper work had yet to be approved

I opted to buy from a smaller manufacturer years ago. I bought a Liberty Mystic and have zero complaints. I have adapters to use it on everything I have up to 30 Cal (including handguns).

Noise reduction, weight, length and tone are objective measures to consider.

Don't rule out future use and compatibility with as many different hosts as possible.

I have an 30 cal Omega, 46 Hybrid, 30 Saker (Chimera now) and a 5.56 Saker.

Sakers are tanks. Heavy but great cans. Not at the top of my list though.

Omegas are just great. Great tone, incredible sound suppression on subs out of a 300 BLK and just works on everything 30 and under.

Now, I get to the 46 Hybrid M the hybrid M breaks down to make a smaller for pistol can for 45 ACP and under or for a lighter hunting can. This is a serious contender for a "one can" household.

Depending on your potential future use, this one could be a great choice. 223, 9 mm, 45. Any 300 anything up to to 338 Lapua, 45-70, 375 H&H as well.

It has the exact same end cap thread as the Omega, so, you can get a .30 cal endcap and make this a big 30 cal can. You can break it down to shorten it where it looks (and probably works) exactly like an Omega.

I'd look seriously at this if you have guns bigger than .30 you might want to buy and suppress.

I agree with the form 5 process. Maybe you can answer a question for me. If I didn't have a trust and I died, my wife and/or son wanted to do a form 5 transfer and filed everything needed. Where does all of my NFA items go until approval of the transfer? I would think that the ATF could charge them with illegal possession if paper work had yet to be approved
The executor of your estate would hold them until the form 5 is approved. If the executor is also the heir they can take possession immediately.

Personally I would file the forms then leave them in a safe until they're approved even if I was both the executor and heir. I don't trust field agents to know the law.

Recent Posts