Suppressor trust

huntoregon

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of a suppressor trust? Are they worth having, can multiple items be put on the same trust, if I already own suppressors as an individual what is the process to get them on the trust?

Did I miss the boat by not having one? Do you guys recommend a local attorney or I see there are places online that draw them up. What do you guys think…

How much of a PITA is it to get a trust put together and put previously owned suppressors on said trust?

With a trust you can let someone else possess your NFA items when you aren't present. Depending on how it's written it might eliminate the need for a transfer when you die and pass them on to someone, but some trusts are written so they have to disperse their property then the settlor dies. There's not really any cons other than a little more paperwork to submit.

It is a must. If you don't have a trust and something happens to you, anyone with access to it has violated the law. A trust can even allow beneficiaries (such as your children) even if they are not of age yet. You can add people or take them off if needed. I used a gun trust lawyer but was not expensive

Thanks

Buck

With a trust you can let someone else possess your NFA items when you aren't present. Depending on how it's written it might eliminate the need for a transfer when you die and pass them on to someone, but some trusts are written so they have to disperse their property then the settlor dies. There's not really any cons other than a little more paperwork to submit.
When you die, pretty much your beneficiaries have to file for a personal transfer, but no transfer fee.

You can't have an "endless" trust, there must be a beneficiary, and they must be alive/named when you write or modify the trust

Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of a suppressor trust? Are they worth having, can multiple items be put on the same trust, if I already own suppressors as an individual what is the process to get them on the trust?

Did I miss the boat by not having one? Do you guys recommend a local attorney or I see there are places online that draw them up. What do you guys think…
We have a "TRUST" easy to setup we did it ourselves for all our suppressors and SBRs.

When you die, pretty much your beneficiaries have to file for a personal transfer, but no transfer fee.

You can't have an "endless" trust, there must be a beneficiary, and they must be alive/named when you write or modify the trust
Depending on how the trust is written it might not end when you die. You'd still need a beneficiary in case everyone dies, but it's possible to write a trust in such a way that multiple people have to die before the assets have to be dispersed. Multiple settlors is the method I'm most familiar with, but I'm sure there's other options too. It's often used by couples owning property together, but could be done for any assets.

This may be a stupid question, is there an age limit on a beneficiary? Do they need to be 21
There's no age limit for beneficiaries, but they can't take possession until they're 18. An 18-21 year old can make or buy NFA items from an individual, but can't buy from a dealer. It's basically the same as pistols. Successor and co- trustees have to be at least 18.