Suppressor Recomendations & Help

Yeah I want someone to tell me this also. I think I'm going with the 6IX+ for my next suppressor unless someone can actually describe what's better about TBAC.
Ray at Thunderbeast does extensive testing on all the cans they developed. Decibels at shooters ear and mil spec. A lot of videos are on YouTube. The variety of can depends on your application, hard use/ short barrel. For a bolt gun an ultra 7 direct thread is hard to beat. I have 3 Thunderbeast cans and one bowers. I will continue to buy more Thunderbeast suppressors. Call their shop if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I have the AB Raptor 6 in 30cal. Absolutely love it. You can buy additional adapters for different thread pitch's so it will mount to your other rifles. Sound suppression is excellent. Weight is minimal.

I just used the Silencer Shop to buy two CSG Hyperion 762 Ti 30 Cal suppressors. The SS was fantastic to deal with and the Kiosk worked well. The SS has extensive reviews and videos on all the top brands with actual measurements of the performance of each on their website. If you can't find information on a certain suppressor just give them a call and they will send you a link. It was between Dead Air, Thunderbeast and CSG for me once I reviewed all the information. The CSG rated as the best in dB reduction and was on sale on the SS website so I went with them. The only drawback of the CSG was it was 1/2"-1" longer than some of the others I considered. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three I listed.

I have a YHM resonator which is great. I just picked up a Nomad L which is supposed to have some of the best suppression as per independent testing. They have a titanium Nomad L that I would check out if I were you. Their warranty track record is excellent if you ever have an issue and as one of the major players I think they will be around to offer that service for a long time.
I been shot with both cans and I personally own the nomad l. I believe it's a tad quieter.

I use an Ultra 7, a Dominus, and an R30K, all great cans for their design intent, built by reputable companies that I trust will be around for a long time. If I was buying a can for a 300 RUM, my first choice would be a TBAC Magnus, followed by either a Dead Air Nomad LTi and the KGM R30XL. That's a lot of gas to slow down.

I have two Gunwerks 8ights - they are a great suppressor. I really like how they mount up and have wrench flats on the can itself. No more getting your mount stuck in the can or on the muzzle. I have the steel version, so it's a little heavier than my dad's Thunderbeast Ultra 7. Overall, suppression level is fantastic with the 8ight. If the Ti version was available a year ago when purchasing my 2nd, I would have sprung for that just to have a slightly lighter weight option. While Gunwerks is newer to suppressors, they have a great reputation and take care of their customers.

As for best route to go, the easiest option is to use a vendor that has the silencershop kiosk. Go to their website and you can find dealers near you with a kiosk. It will make fingerprints less of a hassle. If silencershop doesn't have the suppressor in stock, you can purchase from another vendor online, then transfer to your preferred dealer. Make sure to ask about transfer fees though - local shops near me are $125 - 150+ for an NFA transfer.

For my last suppressor, I bought online, had transferred to a local dealer with a SS kiosk. Once the transfer was complete, I used the kiosk for fingerprints. I also purchased a SS single shot trust. They draft all the paperwork and send online via docusign. Once the paper work is complete, you'll need to certify the application with your dealer. Then the wait begins. Eforms are pushing a good 250+ days out from certification date and seem to be getting worse, so I would expect a year wait or so.
$125-150 for a transfer fee , Dam that's high. I haven't had a transfer cost more than $30 anyway around me

$125-150 for a transfer fee , Dam that's high. I haven't had a transfer cost more than $30 anyway around me
You've gotten class 3 transfers for $30? I've never seen a class 3 under $100.

As to the OP. Not a whole lot of reason to go through the hassle of a trust now day. They eliminated most of the advantages. Only reason to have one now is in the case you have multiple people that need to control the suppressor at different times in different places.

Are there any other suppressors that you're able to change the bore size? I like the idea of being able to go from 22 cal through 30 cal with one suppressor and still get maximum noise reduction
Rex Silencium has an interchangeable end cap . Great suppressor as well. Very affordable as well.

As to the OP. Not a whole lot of reason to go through the hassle of a trust now day. They eliminated most of the advantages. Only reason to have one now is in the case you have multiple people that need to control the suppressor at different times in different places.
I've had suppressors and rifles transfered at two local shops. $30 is what they charge plus the state $10 background which is a state mandatory fee.

Thanks, I was trying to decide whether or not to go with a trust. I probably won't now

Recent Posts