Suppressor Recomendations & Help

Thunder17

I'm ready to purchase my first suppressor, for a 300 RUM. I thinking about getting a Gunwerks 8ight Titanium.
Anyone have any better suggestions for a suppressor?
My main question, which is the best route to go as far as ordering, paperwork, a trust, and everything else? I see that I can order straight from gunwerks, go through silencershop, and a couple other options. There are no suppressor shops or dealers near me that I'm aware of.
Thanks for any help

I have two Gunwerks 8ights - they are a great suppressor. I really like how they mount up and have wrench flats on the can itself. No more getting your mount stuck in the can or on the muzzle. I have the steel version, so it's a little heavier than my dad's Thunderbeast Ultra 7. Overall, suppression level is fantastic with the 8ight. If the Ti version was available a year ago when purchasing my 2nd, I would have sprung for that just to have a slightly lighter weight option. While Gunwerks is newer to suppressors, they have a great reputation and take care of their customers.

As for best route to go, the easiest option is to use a vendor that has the silencershop kiosk. Go to their website and you can find dealers near you with a kiosk. It will make fingerprints less of a hassle. If silencershop doesn't have the suppressor in stock, you can purchase from another vendor online, then transfer to your preferred dealer. Make sure to ask about transfer fees though - local shops near me are $125 - 150+ for an NFA transfer.

For my last suppressor, I bought online, had transferred to a local dealer with a SS kiosk. Once the transfer was complete, I used the kiosk for fingerprints. I also purchased a SS single shot trust. They draft all the paperwork and send online via docusign. Once the paper work is complete, you'll need to certify the application with your dealer. Then the wait begins. Eforms are pushing a good 250+ days out from certification date and seem to be getting worse, so I would expect a year wait or so.

I like the Dead Air Nomad Ti but the Gunworks Titanium cans interest me as well. The Thunderbeast Ultra series and the Dominus cans are also highly regarded but I have no experience with them. For a RUM I would look at the larger diameter suppressors.

Regarding the process, I personally will not use a canned internet trust; I had a NFA lawyer set mine up. The Silencershop Kiosk is your best bet if you don't have dealers in your area otherwise.

From my experience and doing lots of testing with the SD SWAT on Cans,(from 3 years ago) this was what we came up with...

Thunderbeast was the best overall Can. best noise reduction and POI shift. In several rifles there was no POI when using the Ultra cans. We tested Silencer CO, AAC, Sig, GemTech, Dead Air. Top two were dead air and TBAC. I am a big TBAC fan, having several Cans they are the best for rifles and hunting.

You can convert all your rifles to the Area 419 conversions to run your cans on, system works well. I do like the Omega for moving it to and from different caliber rifles.

now gas guns are different story... but I'd go TBAC, stick to the guys that do this professionally and full time. I like Gunwerks, but a lot of great marketing.. LIke Hornady

I have a YHM resonator which is great. I just picked up a Nomad L which is supposed to have some of the best suppression as per independent testing. They have a titanium Nomad L that I would check out if I were you. Their warranty track record is excellent if you ever have an issue and as one of the major players I think they will be around to offer that service for a long time.

All the top suppressors are real close. I like 👍 gun works because they make top level equipment plus there intent is for hunting and LR shooting. Don't think you can go wrong. Thing to remember about suppressors is the longer the better they work. So anytime you go shorter they won't suppress sound as well as the longer ones. For me even the 5-6 inch ones suppress good enough that I can shoot in hunting situation without ear plugs. At range I always wear them. I'm running the harvester 300 and works very well but is long. I think gunwurks 6XI will be my next one

All the top suppressors are real close. I like 👍 gun works because they make top level equipment plus there intent is for hunting and LR shooting. Don't think you can go wrong. Thing to remember about suppressors is the longer the better they work. So anytime you go shorter they won't suppress sound as well as the longer ones. For me even the 5-6 inch ones suppress good enough that I can shoot in hunting situation without ear plugs. At range I always wear them. I'm running the harvester 300 and works very well but is long. I think gunwurks 6XI will be my next one
Volume is what increases suppression level. That can be accomplished by longer cans or fatter ones like the Nomad Ti and and the TBAC Dominus.

Nothing wrong with TBAC cans but there are others that are just as good and possibly likely less $$.

Last edited: