Silencerco harvester300

Elkeater

im thinking about making the jump into suppressor use. A buddy of mine has a thunder beast ultra 9. I've gotten quite fond of hunting around a suppressor. So doing some research it looks like the silencerco harvester might fit my needs. It's only 11 ounces is rated up to.300 win mag which would be the biggest rifle I use it. Most of my use would be on my 5.56mm AR-15, but would occasionally see use on my .300 win mag or .308 win.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Also is it possible to easily switch these between rifles?

Thanks for any info.

I've not been around the Harvester, but i do have the Omega and I love it.
They appear very similar and i would expect similar performance between them.
They are very easy to switch between rifles. I use the ASR muzzle devices from Sico.
They allow quick removal and installation and I believe help with eliminating point of impact shifts when removing and reinstalling the unit.
I'm sure others will add some valuable info.
Good Luck!

Personally I would upgrade to an omega. (What I did, my omega is in jail). It's a little more weight (still light) but much stronger which will be useful on the ARs.

Remember on ARs you're still not below hearing safe levels at your right ear at least because of the ejection noise.

im thinking about making the jump into suppressor use. A buddy of mine has a thunder beast ultra 9. I've gotten quite fond of hunting around a suppressor. So doing some research it looks like the silencerco harvester might fit my needs. It's only 11 ounces is rated up to.300 win mag which would be the biggest rifle I use it. Most of my use would be on my 5.56mm AR-15, but would occasionally see use on my .300 win mag or .308 win.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Also is it possible to easily switch these between rifles?

Thanks for any info.
I have a varminter 3.0 and it's great. Of course they make a 4.0 now though.

. The silencerco 300 is an amazing suppressor. Very hard to beat and the company is the best for service. One hunter took his can out and did not thread it on correctly and shot through the end of it. silencerco had a new can in his hands in 7 days. Some will rebuild them and some just laser the SN on a new can and be done. I own 16 suppressors from 150.00 cheap to 3000.00 There are a vast amount of cans to use out there. Even the inexpensive Rebel cans. They are good for up to 338 lapula and they can shrink them down in size for 556/ 22LR 17 HMR and so on They are very light and suppress well. YHM titanium is a great can along with the stainless steel 3300 can. Stainless weighs more but does not have the ping the lighter cans may have. everyone has a favorite, I have a collection of many brands. It's hard to head the difference. IMP value comes from, cost vs weight vs life vs features. Leave name brand out and the hype. most cans will suppress under the 140 and some in the 120 to 130. for the price of a fad name brand you can get 3 or 4 good hunting cans and keep your cheap friends quiet too.
AR15 and high volume cans that WILL see lots of use are another story. But for most shooters, even ar15 and ar10 shooters can get a budget can with a lifetime warranty that they will not burn up as fast as their wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a harvester 300 and have used it on 22, 25, 264, 284 and 30 cal and it has worked great. 22 cal 16" barrel is noticeably louder but on a 22 creedmoor 22" barrel and from 25 cal up it is pretty quiet.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking it is safe to shoot suppressed without hearing protection. A suppressed rifle's noise level is still in the 120 to 140 range unless you are going to use sub sonic ammo. At what noise level can hearing damage occur, 85. My brother has a harvester and believes it is quieter than my Omega. I don't know about that. He is happy with his and I am with mine.

I have both the harvester and the omega. Shot them both side by side, only difference is the tone of the sound. One is not any noticeably quieter than the other. I would recommend the omega because it's so much shorter. Having both, they omega is the one I hunt with. There is a individual who makes titanium mounts and endcaps for the omega, which cuts the weight down to within an ounce or 2 of the harvester.

I own a Harvester 300 and have no complaints about its performance. Be advised that prices can be somewhat misleading because a direct thread adapter is not usually included. If I were to buy again, I would likely look at some more recent designs like the Q Full or Half Nelson or the Rugged Radiant.

Well after all this info, I think it might be wise to step up to the omega just for the AR use. Mostly my AR is for low volume varmint shooting. I don't compete and really just use it for coyotes, marmots, Fox, and maybe the occasional ground squirrel but just for durability I might go with the omega.

Thanks everyone

Please do not make the mistake of thinking it is safe to shoot suppressed without hearing protection. A suppressed rifle's noise level is still in the 120 to 140 range unless you are going to use sub sonic ammo. At what noise level can hearing damage occur, 85. My brother has a harvester and believes it is quieter than my Omega. I don't know about that. He is happy with his and I am with mine.

Oh I can still see (or hear) the need for ear pro at the range or shooting prairie dogs or something but I figure it's a whole lot better than a muzzle break for hunting.

The silencerco 300 is an amazing suppressor. Very hard to beat and the company is the best for service. One hunter took his can out and did not thread it on correctly and shot through the end of it. silencerco had a new can in his hands in 7 days. Some will rebuild them and some just laser the SN on a new can and be done. I own 16 suppressors from 150.00 cheap to 3000.00 There are a vast amount of cans to use out there. Even the inexpensive Rebel cans. They are good for up to 338 lapula and they can shrink them down in size for 556/ 22LR 17 HMR and so on They are very light and suppress well. YHM titanium is a great can along with the stainless steel 3300 can. Stainless weighs more but does not have the ping the lighter cans may have. everyone has a favorite, I have a collection of many brands. It's hard to head the difference. IMP value comes from, cost vs weight vs life vs features. Leave name brand out and the hype. most cans will suppress under the 140 and some in the 120 to 130. for the price of a fad name brand you can get 3 or 4 good hunting cans and keep your cheap friends quiet too.
AR15 and high volume cans that WILL see lots of use are another story. But for most shooters, even ar15 and ar10 shooters can get a budget can with a lifetime warranty that they will not burn up as fast as their wallet.
Mfg can't reuse serial numbers. There was an ATF ruling in 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
You also might consider a TBAC7 ultra. I've got a surefire 300 SPS and it's very quiet but on the end of a sporter barrel ~20 oz wouldn't be very handy. The TBAC 7 with their CB brake is a very light setup with little to no POI shift. The omega is also very light in direct thread. I wouldn't suggest the ASR mount for a hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.