Silencerco harvester300

Oh, it is much better but you are still rolling the dice. I rolled'm one too many times. Now it's HMMMMMMMMM 24-7. At least carry them and put them on when you have time.

I have not had any problems with the Omega ASR mount. You do have to make sure it is solidly locked in when mounting and I check mine often. Perhaps this might be worrisome if you were shooting fast long strings. The Omega is more expensive, however, when I bought mine it came with one of the ASR mounts in the box no charge. I do not remember what thread it was. Something else you might think about is buying a 22 suppressor. I can't tell you how much fun these are using sub ammo. Everyone that has an opportunity to use one falls in love immediately.

I have a thunder beast ultra 9 30 cal. I use it on my 300 WinMag which actually makes it shoot like my 25-06 in recoil. You need to wear hearing protection! I tried it on my Christensen Arms REM 7MM but it made my rifle a 2" MOA gun instead of 1/2" MOA (something to do with the clearance and gas pressure within the suppressor).

im thinking about making the jump into suppressor use. A buddy of mine has a thunder beast ultra 9. I've gotten quite fond of hunting around a suppressor. So doing some research it looks like the silencerco harvester might fit my needs. It's only 11 ounces is rated up to.300 win mag which would be the biggest rifle I use it. Most of my use would be on my 5.56mm AR-15, but would occasionally see use on my .300 win mag or .308 win.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Also is it possible to easily switch these between rifles?

Thanks for any info.

When I was at the silencer shop in Austin, they told me that since the harvester is aluminum, you will have to limit your shots to around 4 or 5 and then let it cool. They claimed that after that it could damage the silencer.

That swayed my purchase. I bought a rugged micro 30. Lifetime warranty. Waiting on the ATF now.

I have a thunder beast ultra 9 30 cal. I use it on my 300 WinMag which actually makes it shoot like my 25-06 in recoil. You need to wear hearing protection! I tried it on my Christensen Arms REM 7MM but it made my rifle a 2" MOA gun instead of 1/2" MOA (something to do with the clearance and gas pressure within the suppressor).

Do you think it was clearance and gas pressure or barrel harmonics? I've never run into an accuracy issue shooting sub caliber through my 30 cal suppressor.

Also how long is your 300 win barrel?

Do you think it was clearance and gas pressure or barrel harmonics? I've never run into an accuracy issue shooting sub caliber through my 30 cal suppressor.
That's the only think I can come up with. The 7MM is the Ridgeline model so I would not think it's a harmonics issue due to their barrel design but it may be. I have not contacted from TB to confirm yet. I was very disappointed because I shoot my 7mm more than my 300 WM.

That's the only think I can come up with. The 7MM is the Ridgeline model so I would not think it's a harmonics issue due to their barrel design but it may be. I have not contacted from TB to confirm yet. I was very disappointed because I shoot my 7mm more than my 300 WM.
How long is your barre on your 300? I'm going to be suppressing a 300 WSM soon so I'm curious

I have two Harvesters and one Omega and you can't go wrong with either choice. The Harvester is 2 inches longer than the Omega but it also has a smaller diameter. The Omega is shorter and fatter and has the options to go quick detach or direct thread. Some people have recommended the ASR mount using the Omega which is great for an AR, but I don't believe it is necessary for a hunting rifle. I have never had any issues with the direct thread for the typical 3-5 rounds that you might fire on a bolt action. I can't stress enough how awesome the built in brake is for recoil reduction. You get the best of both worlds with either one with built in suppression and significant recoil reduction. My advice would be to get the Harvester if this is for Bolt action use only and get the Omega if this is for multi purpose use.

I'm no expert on suppressors, but I read that the Harvesters are designed for low-volume use, specifically geared toward hunting. Someone else mentioned how they recommend that you only shoot 4 or 5 times through the Harvester before you let it cool. That wouldn't be much fun on an AR-15, and since you mentioned that most of your use would be on your AR-15, I think the Omega would be a much better choice.

You might want to check out the .30 caliber suppressor test that The Truth About Guns did last July. The Omega did well, but there were others that did appreciably better, and for a lot less money. Especially the YHM Resonator.

What 134 dB is safe? It is far better than shooting 170dB with a brake. However far from being safe. Remember anything above 85 Decibels is where hearing loss can occur.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts