WTH SilencerCo?

I'll address a lot of comments here all at once.

I tried this suppressor on multiple rifles and calibers all with factory threaded barrels and checked with alignment rods.

I screwed the suppressor on and off each rifle multiple times and I removed an attached the anchor brake multiple times. And I tried it with the ASR mount and the direct thread mount.

The alignment rods are hardened drill bit steel with very minimal deflection horizontally but I always check with the rifle pointed vertically which eliminates any deflection. The alignment rods are perfectly fit to the bore so there is zero play. Infact there is a slight resistance sliding them in but not so much resistance to mar the rod or rifling. To be clear the rods are perfectly machined to the rifle bores.

The results are the same across all the rifles. The baffles in the suppressor align perfectly with the bore rods being perfectly centered in the baffles on every rifle. And still no matter how many times I removed and attached the end cap it's still way off center and nearly touching the 30 caliber rod. When you screw the anchor brake on the hole does not wobble compared to the rod so that means it's not a hole drilled off center deal. It means the threaded female end that is welded into the titanium tube is not welded in straight.

And these rods are drill bit steel from McMaster. I used this suppressor building data sheet to get the bore diameters for alignment rods and then ordered those from McMaster and they are spot on. Worth every penny. View attachment 504929
Thx for this link, ordered rods for my toys!

Recent Posts