WTH SilencerCo?

Had one from a un named company that blew the housing off the baffle chamber. Their a good company and promptly sent me another one. Just had to give the damaged one back. Their excuse was poorly trained help during covid. Which I can understand. You shouldn't be to long in getting a new one.

Thanks for the alignment rod part numbers. I run TBAC suppressors and have never had an issue with any of my .30 cal cans. I checked the first one but have since lost the alignment rod during a move.

My .22 LR Takedown can isn't getting along with my Volquartsen for some reason. TBAC graciously offered to check the two out for me and I may yet take them up on the offer this winter. I think I'll start with a rod first as it should be a quicker starting point than sending everything off. Especially with the UPS shipping hassles these days.

Thanks for the alignment rod part numbers. I run TBAC suppressors and have never had an issue with any of my .30 cal cans. I checked the first one but have since lost the alignment rod during a move.

My .22 LR Takedown can isn't getting along with my Volquartsen for some reason. TBAC graciously offered to check the two out for me and I may yet take them up on the offer this winter. I think I'll start with a rod first as it should be a quicker starting point than sending everything off. Especially with the UPS shipping hassles these days.
No problem. Hope it helps.

Had one from a un named company that blew the housing off the baffle chamber. Their a good company and promptly sent me another one. Just had to give the damaged one back. Their excuse was poorly trained help during covid. Which I can understand. You shouldn't be to long in getting a new one.
I can tell you from experience that silencerco will not engrave the same serial number on a new can to replace a defective one. They will fix if they can or it's back to starting a new form.

**Update**

I took it back to the SilencerCo dealer and went over it with him. We tried multiple end caps, mounts and such and ultimately he agreed with me that something is definitely not in alignment with the threaded portion at the endcap side of the silencer. He took some pictures with the bore alignment tool and promptly emailed SilencerCo support, the sales rep that he deals with, and myself and said he'll do everything he can to get it pushed through for a fast repair and back to me. And he sold me a few accessories that I wanted to go on the suppressor at his cost which saved me a good amount of money.

I can tell you from experience that silencerco will not engrave the same serial number on a new can to replace a defective one. They will fix if they can or it's back to starting a new form.
They legally cannot put an old serial number on a new can. But what they can do is file a destruction and a new form on a new can and cover all the fees and contact the ATF and rush it through. I talked to a gentleman who had this happen and said the ATF put the new can through in 2 weeks for him.

**Update**

I took it back to the SilencerCo dealer and went over it with him. We tried multiple end caps, mounts and such and ultimately he agreed with me that something is definitely not in alignment with the threaded portion at the endcap side of the silencer. He took some pictures with the bore alignment tool and promptly emailed SilencerCo support, the sales rep that he deals with, and myself and said he'll do everything he can to get it pushed through for a fast repair and back to me. And he sold me a few accessories that I wanted to go on the suppressor at his cost which saved me a good amount of money.
Nice to deal with dealer that is there after the sale!

Anyone who buys or runs cans is wrong if you don't get alignment rods. Alot cheaper than a baffle strike especially depending on manufacturer of can and warranty. Good catch on your part because this would have ended badly or them disputing issue on your end.

🤣 🤣 I dont know any other way than to be wrong I guess. I'm lucky I have been wrong so often it seems in the last 15yrs I stopped even wondering.

Ive never checked any of mine with an alignment rod. They have a lifetime warranty so never worried about it.
I'm not so much worried about the warranty. I'm worried about missing that trophy buck or coyote if it strikes the endcap. But they fixed it so it's not an issue. But the way this one was factory the rod barely cleared the 30cal cap. So if I stuck it on my 22-250 with a .224" end cap I would have absolutely blown the endcap off. Then been out a $90 end cap and have to wait on them to fix it. So 30 seconds with a rod saved me a lot of time and frustration. 🤷🏼‍♂️👍🏻

I'm not so much worried about the warranty. I'm worried about missing that trophy buck or coyote if it strikes the endcap. But they fixed it so it's not an issue. But the way this one was factory the rod barely cleared the 30cal cap. So if I stuck it on my 22-250 with a .224" end cap I would have absolutely blown the endcap off. Then been out a $90 end cap and have to wait on them to fix it. So 30 seconds with a rod saved me a lot of time and frustration. 🤷🏼‍♂️👍🏻
Makes sense. Ive never had an issue but its a good thing you checked it then! I am surprised it was that far off. You would think that would be something they check on every can.