Silencerco harvester300

Do you think it was clearance and gas pressure or barrel harmonics? I've never run into an accuracy issue shooting sub caliber through my 30 cal suppressor.

Also how long is your 300 win barrel?
I called TB in Cheyenne and they told me to bring the rifle and suppressor so they can examine both. Long story short, they found the collar on the barrel was not "square". They machined it correctly and life is good now. They told me that they see this issue a lot.

When I was at the silencer shop in Austin, they told me that since the harvester is aluminum, you will have to limit your shots to around 4 or 5 and then let it cool. They claimed that after that it could damage the silencer.

That swayed my purchase. I bought a rugged micro 30. Lifetime warranty. Waiting on the ATF now.

I've ran 17-18 round strings in several PRS matches with mine and it gets hot but no hotter than any other can will. The harvester will do anything any halfway sane person will do with a bolt gun. I think Silencerco says 20 rounds per minute. This is the can that Silencerco used as loaner cans for the Quiet Riot match the couple of years I shot it as well. If it needed to cool down after 4-5 rounds I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be letting 40-50 people uses them in 10-12 round stage PRS matches. It's not ideal for mag dumps with an AR, but anything you do aside from that it'll handle.

Good real-world comments above. Good to know that SiCo used the Harvester 300 as a loaner for their sponsored match. If they were concerned about reliability and durability given the "loaner" situation, I would think they should have provided their most robust model - kudos for providing the right tool for the job so the users could give it a good test run in real conditions. I would bet they sold a number of Harvesters as a result.

Greg Page - I would limit runningh RF through a Harvester, it is a CF designed can - build up of lead and deposits on the internals could problematic. I have a SiCo Sparrow for my RFs and it works flawlessly AND can be opened up and cleaned unlike many RF suppressors on the market.

Harvester owner as well. It is great can. I use it on my lighter hunting set ups that will not see more then a few rounds in a day. I have other cans for more heavy use but they also come with more weight. Great deer/elk suppressor.

I took the plunge today and bought a Harvester 300, my first can. Paid $539 + $200 but I still have to buy the threaded insert. Presumably I will end up buying many more over the years. I chose it primarily because of weight, I will only use it on slow fire bolt guns, reviews are good and their customer service gets high marks. The shop I bought from sells many, the process was way easier than I thought it would be. I guess I'll have to report back next year and let you know how I like it.

Can't go wrong with the Silencerco Harvester or Omega. One of my Harvesters rides on a Kimber Adirondack in 308. Recoil is like a 223 or less, DB reduction is amazing, and is still handy in the field. Game react so much differently to a suppressed shot in that they basically just stand around or at least don't spook as much.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.