Short barreled 257 Wby

I have an 18 inch 4570 a 20 inch 308, a 19 inch 3006 and a 19 inch 338-06 as well as a 20 inch 375 Ruger stopper for guiding. I love short barrelled rifles for hunting, what I don't have though I could easily have one made, is an 18 inch 338 378 because to me the one I have in 26 inch is as short as a guy would want. To each their own and you won't know for positive untill you build and try one. Guy has to do it at least once.

I say do it. There's no replacement for displacement. People will say your 22" magnum is the same as a 22" short action but it's not, everyone rigs the situation letting them smaller cartridges have more barrel.

People told me my 21" 300prc was gonna be a 308 but I've never seen a 21" 308 send a 215 over 2900

If you don't like it get another barrel. Life's to short to not have the gun you want.

Hell with that setup and a hollow point bullet with one pull of the trigger at close range the game would be killed, gutted, and roasted!
I've never shot a animal with it, and no intention of. I found it at a pawnshop. And can only afford to it occasionally. But what a hoot to shoot.

I say do it. There's no replacement for displacement. People will say your 22" magnum is the same as a 22" short action but it's not, everyone rigs the situation letting them smaller cartridges have more barrel.

People told me my 21" 300prc was gonna be a 308 but I've never seen a 21" 308 send a 215 over 2900

If you don't like it get another barrel. Life's to short to not have the gun you want.
This!