Short barrel 7mm

It would definitely cost more today than 10-12 years ago.
Pretty much as the same as any custom rifle build
XP-100 single-shot action used with trigger linkage will run from $400-$700
Clone XP-100 action by Borden: Alpine ($1200-$1265 depending on lug)
Stock will run from $400-$700
Barrel blank of your choice
EGW 20 MOA Picatinny rail $45-$60 (Guessing here)
Holland Radial Baffle muzzle brake
Cost of fitting, chambering, threading/timing brake, bedding, and cerakote will vary depending on the gunsmith you use
Thank you, didn't they make them with a box magazine years back. If I recall the one I seen was a 7-08, I might be mistaken.

That was the XP-100R, which stood for a repeater. Yes, it was a rear grip specialty pistol
It is simply a Remington model 7 action that was designated as a pistol or handgun. It did have a blind box magazine

That was the XP-100R, which stood for a repeater. Yes, it was a rear grip specialty pistol
It is simply a Remington model 7 action that was designated as a pistol or handgun. It did have a blind box magazine
That's what I thought, what a shame, Remington quit making them. Thanks

In my opinion, the best rear grip specialty pistol hands-down, is the Kauger Arms Black Widow. It is everything that you would want in a rear grip specialty pistol.
They only list two chamberings on the website but they'll do just about anything that you can put in a short action.

I have a 20" 280ai. I've got a few loads worked up with hammer bullets. 172 Absolute Hammers at 2876, 140 Absolute Hammer at 3208. I also worked up a load for the 162 eld-x and it's at 2978. Using staball 6.5 for all these loads.

Looking to get a 7mm and load 154g absolute hammers. I would really like a 20" barrel to support the can. Would like these to shoot elk up to 5-600 yards. What do you all think about caliber selection for this set up? I'm thinking 280 ai or 7saum
Thanks
I built a 280AI in the mid 1980's after winning a raffle for Ackley's shop. After sending my Rem 700 to Ackley, I was told the original barrel was very concentric. He recommended a crown job rather than the barrel replacement I had planned. Instead of the 24" bbl I planned, I received the 21" original barrel due to the crown job. It is extremely accurate, possibly enhanced by stiffness. I chrony 2900 fps with 160gr NP's & 3140 fps with 240hr Nosler AB's. I've been shooting this rifle for 37 years and it is still quite accurate - probably more so than me. I'm easily getting 7-8 reloads per casing with R-P cases. Considering the difference in length between short & long actions, I think too much is credited to the short action. Plus, I can stuff 5 rounds in the magazine we'll if needed. My longest shot was on a doe blackbuck at 700 yards with 4 witnesses. The landowner asked us to "clean out the does." I realize luck played a large part in making the shot, but my practice at 500 yards sure played a part. The 280AI in a short barrel is for real!