Rifle Insurance

The less people that have details on what I have the better I like it.
that's why I chose to go with Eastern.
My wife knows I don't have as many I want
My kids know someday, hopefully many years from now, they will inherit boomsticks
That is the extend of people knowing what I have, besides me. I like to keep it like that.
Eastern sounds like a good choice. I am waiting to hear from you guys what quotes you end up with

The less people that have details on what I have the better I like it.
that's why I chose to go with Eastern.
I can certainly understand that! I may look into Eastern myself. But I'm not certain that dropping my gun Insurance with the company I use would have an effect on my Instructors insurance. But, It could not hurt on my part to shop around.

Tagging in as well. Great topic. I have USAA and I know I have content coverage, which my firearms are included in. But I can't remember what the limit was.

This is excellent information guys. I just had a fire at my summer home at the jersey shore. Happened in January, with no one home, thank God!! No one in the house since November. Started by the dishwasher motor, I was told. If a firearm was in the house, it would have been badly damaged or destroyed. So I need insurance to cover a gunsmith's assessment of how bad the rifle is damaged: Can it be repaired?? " If so at what cost??? or is it a total loss.?? What if its a rifle that is no longer in production?? What about the scope ?? If you paid $1200 to $1500 for you rifle, and $1500 for your scope, 10 years ago, you would need at least that much to replace it today. What about Modifications made to the rifle, such as a New Recoil pad, or a new Trigger , or a Muzzle break? When you think about this subject, there are many questions. Great thread, I hope "Boots" can find the name of his insurance carrier. Thanks Boys !!!
Homeowners does have many exclusions and generally doesn't cover firearms that well. At least that's been the case with some friends that have had theft or fire claims.
I recently had a water leak above my reloading room, primer and powder storage, ammo and other odds and ends cabinet, etc. I could tell by the adjusters demeanor and tone that things weren't going to wind up in my favor so I just dropped it and salvaged what I could. I weighed that against the cost of my premium going up.
I've had a major flood on the river I live on and can tell you flood insurance isn't too swell either. But I managed to save all of my guns and reloading equipment in that ordeal. That stuff was on my first boat load to high ground.

Tagging in as well. Great topic. I have USAA and I know I have content coverage, which my firearms are included in. But I can't remember what the limit was.
From my dealings with USAA. I would not put much hope in that company. Just my honest opinion. You may have better luck. And this was with a auto. I would hate to see what would happen with a firearm. lol

Anyone go with eastern or other places listed on here and what caught your eye to go with them?
I have been with Eastern for several years. Luckily I have not had to file a claim but when I was researching all reviews from clients were positive including those who had claims. I like that they aren't too mosey about your stuff as well.