Rifle Insurance

nksmfamjp

I'm not new to rifles or hunting, but I'm a bit new to custom rifles and flying with them to hunt.

I have looked at insurance through my home owner's provider and to say it is high is an understatement. Literally impacts my gun spending money! I would ship insured, but I don't feel that option is much better.
…..or is there a better rifle insurance? Does the nra still offer anything?

What tips do you have for trip insurance to cover these custom rifles while on the plane or while at hunting camp?

Thanks, I chose to close my account at Marlin Owners.com forum over this discussion. I mentioned how insurance companies are crooks for charging so much for only firearms but other contents in your house are covered …my Farmers Insurance agent that has been insuring us for over 30 years told me it would be over $650 a year to insure my firearms for theft, otherwise they only cover a max of $2000 on firearm's for damage due to fire and floods only - NOT THEFT. Which amounts to one long gun! A "Moderator" jumped on the thread and told me I was a liar and didn't know what I was talking about. Needless to say I didn't take to kindly to that - so I PM'd him asking for a formal apology on the thread. He responded by telling me he wouldn't ban me from the site for being an idiot that doesn't know what I'm talking about!! Then posted on the thread that he's been an insurance salesman his entire life. WHAT A PIECE OF WORK!
Anyway, thanks for the info…I'm going to call Cody about getting insured. Thanks again, Scott

Yes, unfortunate that the wanna be HOA cop that makes sure your grass is precisely 1.2" long and your trash cans aren't left out for more than an 30 minutes after their emptied during the day, is also a "Super Moderator / Troller" on a forum that's full of good ole' boys that like shooting old lever guns. Oh well, life is too short to deal with that for sure! This is why my home is on the side of a mountain where winter doesn't end until Mid-June…. people like that wouldn't last a day where I live.

I am using Collectibles Insurance like Mrvmax for about 20 years, never had a claim. It is a stated value policy with no list of insured items and no single item over $25k. It has evolved over time, originally had list of items with stated value for each.

My cost is about $64 per $10k coverage value (there is a small policy origination fee so that rate changes slightly).

Last edited: