what would be the minimum size rifle for hunting a big foot/sasquatch

if you were to go hunting for a sasquatch, what rifle would you want to be using? because of the environment that most big foot sightings occur, lets assume shots would be a MAXIMUM of 200 yards or so...

i myself would prefer a double barrel .375 with iron sights because those hippo videos are pretty compelling evidence that it would be plenty of rifle for any giant ape :D

i know its a give or take. but id rather lose one because i couldnt get close enough rather than be mauled to death because it got too close and i couldnt get my scope on him quick enough...

was bored at work. came across some article about supposed big foot sightings that resulted in the people who saw the big foot shooting it and being unable to kill the beast. calibers mentioned were the .30-06 and the .270. thought it might spark some lively discussion but i guess i was mistaken. thanks for your valuable contribution.

BHG, nothing wrong with your post just try it in the Humor section.
Welcome to LRH

I would use a lightsaber since the probability of a close quarter encounter at night is high. It would double as a flashlight and a weapon that wouldn't be deflected by the surrounding trees.

I have though about this and after I kill the Big foot I'd have it mounted in the "thinker" pose.

I have given this much thought also. I think the cheytac should give plenty of energy out to a mile for my bigfoot kill.

I know I'm close because the official bigfoot site has two sightings on the same road of one of our favorite LRH spots.

I plan to mount mine myself so this will be my first mount.

Pose used: "The Goat"

Son went on a bigfoot expedition into the Blues in OR. Some person loaned them the use of a cabin where several had been sighted.

Trip was video documented by videographers with several who had close encounters with the big hairy fella.

throughout the evening stories were told such that every one was peeing out a window to keep from having to got out in the bush alone.:D Grown men:rolleyes:

Moonshine will cause this ,,,where did you gies find that jug ,,we all would like some

I think my 44 semi auto with 300 grain bullets-I seem to remember an ad that had Jeff Cooper killing a mountain gorilla with one of the first ones, so it would be kind of classic. It would also give you some kind of legal defense as here in Washington it's against the law to kill one.

I think my 44 semi auto with 300 grain bullets-I seem to remember an ad that had Jeff Cooper killing a mountain gorilla with one of the first ones, so it would be kind of classic. It would also give you some kind of legal defense as here in Washington it's against the law to kill one.

Surely you're kidding? (Don't know why I would try to apply logic to laws though.)

Not kidding, but maybe not completely accurate. I checked my memory against other sources as it's been 25-30 years, at least one county has an ordinance prohibiting it. It was an April fools day thing, but has been amended a couple of times. We had a professor at WSU that was into Bigfoot bigtime. He was always going to shoot one for proof, I recall the state doing something, It may be the Undiscovered Species Protection Act, but I can't find enough to back that up right now

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.