Hunting questions for the Nevada folks

BriggsRi

I was looking at the Game & Fish regulations and did not see anything related to hunting Big or Small game with NFA items - silencers or SBR /SBS. Does anyone know if it's possible to hunt with a silencer?

Also, are there other hunting opportunities aside from Deer, Elk, Rams, Goats and Antelope - like Aoudad, Javelin, maybe wild pigs?

Thanks

Looks like it is legal to hunt with NFA tools in NV - specifically silencers!

Ok, so what about other hunting opportunities? It's to late to participate in the states draw hunts, so are there any over the counter tags available and if so for species of game?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick!

I do see this question was posted last year, but I will answer your question whether you can buy tags over the counter? There are no animals for which you can purchase tags over the counter as far as I know. The last couple of years when I have applied for tags the NDOW site asks whether an applicant wants to purchase a mountain lion tag? Whether you can purchase the mountain lion tag over the counter as an out of state hunter I do not know. You can always call and ask of
course. You can hunt coyote without a hunting license even as an out of state hunter.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts