Remington 5R

Yes, they're extremely accurate...I have 2 of them. Personally, I consider them a step up. They're the same essential rifle (416R stainless action & barrel, HS stock), but with a 5R rifled barrel...Which I consider a better rifling style than the standard 6-groove.
I love the looks too. With a msrp of $1100, they go for around $900? I want one in .300 Win Mag. Then I can put my Ruger away for my son.

I had one. Traded it for a x bolt hells canyon long range. It shot 215 bergers sub MOA without much problem. It was just too heavy for and elk rifle. It was about 14 lbs dressed to kill with a vortex viper pst 6-24x50.

I am guessing the SFII will be lighter than the 5r due to barrel contour and flutes? My 260 is a gen 2 and has the 24" fluted barrel, but because the barrel contour is heavier than my 25-06 26" barrel it still feels heavier...

I have bunch of Senderos and two 5R Milspecs (.308 Win. & .300WM), and all of mine are accurate, but the 5R rifling DOES seem (to me, at least) to clean up faster, and go longer between needing cleanings. To me, that makes the 5R worth it. This is why I wish Rem would put 5R rifling in all their rifle barrels. Plus, the design of it is less deforming on the bullet jacket, thus, naturally creating slightly faster MV's.

Some people say it's more accurate, but I've had some VERY accurate standard-rifled barrels, so I typically don't list that as a "pro" in the checklist, because I can't guarantee it. I will say this though, all of my 5R barrels, even my 5R AR barrels, are VERY accurate.

I had a Sendero in 300 RUM, but I didnt get to mess with it much due to the chamber being screwed up. I can say, I just loaded up some test rounds, nothing special, just 200 AB's. It shot less than an inch. I considered that great, considering I just loaded those up, with a middle charge.

Aushunter1 , how true but we still love to try to make them more accurate by bedding , triggers ect. we also work with the brass , powder ,bullets and so on because for the most part we just love to tinker with things and see if we can make them better . I know if I miss it's me not my equipment as do most of us.

I bought my 5R here and added my own stock.

https://www.eurooptic.com/86498-Remington-Remington-700-Police-5R-308-Win-24-Barreled.aspx

40797679_2166748673543231_2914173561314738176_o.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.